Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-07-2008, 04:52 AM   #1
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)
Default Gotta new digicam... 13.6MP FTW!!!!

Got a new digital camera today since my other one's lens got knocked out of alignment and it didn't make sense to repair it. I need my main camera to fit in a pocket pretty easily otherwise I won't use it. Especially because I like to bring it with me when I ride. I like it to have at least some of the features of a larger camera and have decent resolution. Well, I looked around a bit, and I've always been partial to Sonys (I have a DSC-V1 and the one with the knocked lens is a DSC-T7) and found their newest POWERHOUSE... the cybershot DSC-W300. This little bastard still maintains the tiny cybershot profile (looks to me like they use pretty much the same case as the 7 and 8 MP versions), but packs a TON of features and boasts a whopping 13.6 MegaPixels!!! Here are the stock photos:

So, that's the one I decided on, and just went today after work and bought it right away. On top of that, I smoothtalked the sales guy at Circuit City and got him to sell it to me for a decently lower price than he should have

Here it is:

I've been getting into photography a bit more the past several years and would like to get a nice SLR when funds allow it. For now, I can borrow a Nikon D70 from work and play with that whenever I get the itch.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:24 AM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Damn, that many MP's...I expected a SLR. I'm sure it takes nice pics.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

SLR is the only way to go when you get that high in MPs. A will have her D40x to take a few snaps during the weekend morning runs with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Rider
Moto GP Star

We expect nudes of your next female conquest..
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

so you plan on taking pictures of the inside of peoples pores or what?

thats a damn nice camera, im hoping i can pick something up before the trip, but i only need 6-7 mp, not freaking 13. I've already got my 3mp phone camera though, so who knows.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:06 AM   #6
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

I just bought a Canon from Circuit City the other day but it's only 7.1 mp...must be nice to be a baller.

I had a $35 gift card that was given to me so with that applied to the sale price it was only $93 otd.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:28 AM   #7
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

How much?

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 09:55 AM   #8
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
How much?

No shit! That's the most important piece of info! I have the T200 with the 3.5 touch screen (or rather my bitch of an ex has it!). I've been looking at the T300 for $350 but I may just get the Fuji F50 12 meg or the Samsung 10 meg for under $200. All 3 have "face recognition" but you can change the focal point on the Sony by touching the screen. All of these cameras have a shit ton of features my dumb ass will never use!!! What I don't like about the Sony is having to use Memory Stick. I have a ton of SD cards and I saw a 4 mb at Sears for $20 the other day. Memory sticks tend to be more expensive in my experience.

I still have a 4 meg Fuji SLR I got "forever ago",what it lacks in megs,it makes up in optical zoom. Which is the whole point anyway,right? It's main problem is it's BIG and SLOW,just like me! If I'm not mistaken 35mm equates to only 3 or 4 megs,I've never been sure what the point/use of all those "extra" megs are. I understand they allow you to blow up the pic bigger but I get a good 8X10 with 3 or 4 megs,how big a picture are you trying to make? Heck,my biggest problem lately has been figuring out how to shrink pics so I can post or send them. Ahhh what am I talking about? Bigger is always better!

Last edited by Amber Lamps; 05-07-2008 at 09:58 AM..
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:03 AM   #9
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

I ask because I got a new Canon DSLR Rebel xti plus a 2gig memory card for 630 bucks.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:05 AM   #10
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I ask because I got a new Canon DSLR Rebel xti plus a 2gig memory card for 630 bucks.
Got a lense with it? If it does thats a phenominal price.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote