Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 05-16-2008, 08:46 AM   #1
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1
Default Life after pro roadracing...

This is so sad. He could had had an awseome career if he played his cards differently.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...9-3102,00.html

"MOTORCYCLE star Anthony Gobert has been banned from central Surfers Paradise after an alleged 'crime rampage' - including the robbery of a 70-year-old man.

Gobert was one of Australia's top motorbike racers in the 1990s and early 2000s, winning an Australian superbike championship and eight world superbike races.

But he was dubbed the sport's 'Wild Child' as his career spun out of control.

Now unemployed, the 33-year-old faced Southport Magistrate's Court today charged with two counts of stealing.

Police alleged that on Tuesday, he snatched two $20 notes from the hand of a 70-year-old man at a Coles supermarket checkout in Surfers Paradise.

The following day, he allegedly snatched a woman's purse on the streets of Surfers.

In his racing heyday, Gobert had a penchant for dying his hair weird and wonderful colours, but appeared in court with his head shaved.

Prosecutor Trudi Jobberns strongly opposed bail, saying his offences were escalating and he was targeting the vulnerable.

But duty solicitor Claire Boothman said the police case was weak and Gobert had been co-operative.

Ms Jobberns retorted: ``That may be the case but he seems not to be co-operative with the public when he goes outside.''

Magistrate Michael Hogan warned an agitated Gobert to stop speaking from the dock while Ms Boothman was representing him.

Gobert told Mr Hogan `I'm a professional motorcycle rider mate' but then said he was unemployed and had applied for a job at Subway.

Mr Hogan described Gobert's alleged 'crime rampage' as 'appalling' but said bail had to be granted.

``I guess if he does it again one more time, there's no way in the world he'll be released,'' the magistrate said.

Gobert was bailed on condition he surrender his passport, report five days a week to police and not enter central Surfers Paradise. He was remanded until June 11.

He clashed verbally with Ms Jobberns as he left the dock, suggesting he might commit a third offence.

``That's it for now.'' Gobert said.

The prosecutor responded: ``Are you going to do another one?''

Outside court, Gobert denied the charges and said they were causing him a 'lot of stress'."

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:52 AM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Man that is really awful.

Say...doesn't Drewpy have the Gobert replica helmet???? I believe that makes him an accomplice.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Man that is really awful.

Say...doesn't Drewpy have the Gobert replica helmet???? I believe that makes him an accomplice.
Yeah he does and I'm sure you can pick up the new ones real cheap now.... Suomy FTW.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:19 PM   #4
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

ehh... I don't think it's sad... sad would be if he had an accident that ended his career...

he's an idiot... I don't pitty those who throw their life away...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:39 AM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
ehh... I don't think it's sad... sad would be if he had an accident that ended his career...

he's an idiot... I don't pitty those who throw their life away...
It's sad he's got to resort to being such a piece of shit.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 07:50 PM   #6
2FURYUS
Trailer Queen

Moto: Busa & 1098S

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
It's sad he's got to resort to being such a piece of shit.
What a way to f'up his life.
2FURYUS is offline   Reply With Quote