Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 08-12-2009, 10:43 AM   #11
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Schumi is a dirty fucking German. Brawn was the secret to his success. That being said, I really wish he would have driven. Never a dull moment with that dude driving.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:15 AM   #12
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Your confused right? We are discussing Michael Schumacher? Ferrari driver and 7 time F1 champ? Ross Brawn wasnt holding the wheel. He never drove for Brawn team, they didnt even exist when he retired. Ross was not the man.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!

Last edited by smileyman; 08-12-2009 at 11:33 AM.. Reason: Misquote and my own stupidity
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #13
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Your confused right? We are discussing Michael Schumacher? Ferrari driver and 7 time F1 champ? Ross Brawn wasnt holding the wheel. He never drove for Brawn team, they didnt even exist when he retired. Ross was not the man.
Braun was technical director for both Benetton and Ferrari during Schumacher's tenure with each team.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:02 PM   #14
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Quote:
If you don't know what you are talking about, don't even post.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:50 PM   #15
smileyman
White Trash Hero

a good tech director fine and he is obviously talented with organization, witness the Brawn Teams domination, BUT to claim he is the sole reason behind all 7 championships discounts the contribution of the entire team and driver.

Arkriders.com
Old 08-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #16
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Quote:
a good tech director fine and he is obviously talented with organization, witness the Brawn Teams domination, BUT to claim he is the sole reason behind all 7 championships discounts the contribution of the entire team and driver.
Whatever. I don't see the word "sole" anywhere in my post. Look up how many wins Schumi had with Brawn, and how many he had without Brawn. As you clearly demonstrated, not a lot of people understand that Brawn contributed heavily to Schumi's domination. Until this season, Jensen button had a whopping 1 victory. He has 6 this year driving for Brawn. I see a common denominator, and it isn't the driver.
Old 08-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #17
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Well this is racing. Sometimes it is the man and sometimes it is the machine, sometimes it is a combination. Of Schumis 7 you could argue he won using a variety. But it is like saying Jeremy Burgess made Rossi or Doohan. They may not have been as successful without him but wy discount thier talent drive and ability? Schumi is not my fav driver but his dominance is not simply because of his tech director...Of course your welcome to disagree justhelp us slow minds keep up with your reasoning, your first post sounded a little biggotted.

Arkriders.com
Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #18
Looni2ns
Crazy Lady Rider

Moto: '05 SV650S "Baby", '00 Bandit 600S "Rita", '87 EX500 (track)

The secret to success is all of the team members working together. Brawn, Schumi, Ferrari worked well together as a team. Brawn seems to know how to get them to work together. He contributed a lot, but Schumi was behind the wheel. The car didn't drive itself.
Looni2ns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #19
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Not to discredit Schumi, i like him alot, but if it had been, say Haga, or Bayliss fighting back from injury, they woulda been out there. But Schumi has nothing to prove so pain meds, a carbon fiber neck brace, risk of permanent paralysis probably tempered his eagerness to drive agin...
I read in ther german news that he didn't get clearance from the doctor to race.... the neck has to withstand 4g's at F1 and his apparently would not.

Schumi was/is an excelent racer, no doubt, but he also pulled some questionable stunts: anybody remember the last lap during qualifiying in Monaco?

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 09:40 AM   #20
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Oh he can be quite an ass! Ask Damon Hill, Jacque Villeneuve, Coulthard, and others. Every up and comer probably got their fill of his alpha dog tactics. He still had some brilliant moments, quite a few really.

Arkriders.com