Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Old 11-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #11
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I have given it a 88% endorsement. Will complete my endorsement once I get it added and test rode to the Ultra.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #12
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I have given it a 88% endorsement. Will complete my endorsement once I get it added and test rode to the Ultra.
This messege has been approved by marko138.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Marko, I was going to use it, but it doesn't work so easily on the 08 and up bikes. You need to buy conversion software to write to the ecm. Its not particularly expensive by any means but, like you I'm not very confident with messing around with fuel mapping.

This just makes it run a little richer throughout the rpm range by making it think its getting more air than it really is all the time.

Seems like the smartest way to overcome the dynamic fuel injection, just change the reading of the probe. I don't see how the bike could compensate and over ride it.

I'm going to get in touch with him and see what kind of buell specific advice he can give.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #14
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Marko, I was going to use it, but it doesn't work so easily on the 08 and up bikes. You need to buy conversion software to write to the ecm. Its not particularly expensive by any means but, like you I'm not very confident with messing around with fuel mapping.

This just makes it run a little richer throughout the rpm range by making it think its getting more air than it really is all the time.

Seems like the smartest way to overcome the dynamic fuel injection, just change the reading of the probe. I don't see how the bike could compensate and over ride it.

I'm going to get in touch with him and see what kind of buell specific advice he can give.
Right on.

I keep thinking about getting ECMspy so I can do my own TPS resets too.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 11-24-2009, 05:14 PM   #15
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

I paid $100 per set for mine. The problem with trying to make your own. Is that there are very strict criteria you have to follow when dealing with O2 sensors. I think its something like you can't soldier, have to use the special connectors, etc. Certainly there isn't $100 worth of parts but consider that you're also paying for the R&D they do. Which is alot. I know one of his 3rd party testers he uses for certification.

Nightrider site is amazing. Scroll thru the first link I put up. He's got tons of info on everything from spark plugs, motor oil, etc. If you have any questions, email him. His name is Steve and he is very helpfull.
i'll agree that he seems to have put a lot of time and effort into these and picking the right voltage. seems dependant on harley epa facory tuning and guys not wanting to shell for a pcV.
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #16
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Marko, as smart as gasman seems to be electrically, he could probably build you an ecm spy cable. Its just a usb cable with a deutch connector grafted on to it. If not, you can buy one for 40 bones.

I hear tps resets are one of the main reasons to own it. And once you figure it out, you won't have to give a dealer any money!

The software is hard to find now. I have a copy on my pc if you'd like it, I just need to wait for my internet guy to come in and hook it up. It comes with a pdf tuning guide as well.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:33 PM   #17
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Marko, as smart as gasman seems to be electrically, he could probably build you an ecm spy cable. Its just a usb cable with a deutch connector grafted on to it. If not, you can buy one for 40 bones.

I hear tps resets are one of the main reasons to own it. And once you figure it out, you won't have to give a dealer any money!

The software is hard to find now. I have a copy on my pc if you'd like it, I just need to wait for my internet guy to come in and hook it up. It comes with a pdf tuning guide as well.
I should just buy a cable. Stuff is cheap enough. Probly wouldn't ever use it to tune.

Quote:
Old 11-24-2009, 07:47 PM   #18
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
i'll agree that he seems to have put a lot of time and effort into these and picking the right voltage. seems dependant on harley epa facory tuning and guys not wanting to shell for a pcV.
Exactly. That is me. I didn't have the desire to shell out $500+ for a tuner and dyno time. Cause I'm not so concerned about power gain, as much as I wanted better throttle response and especially with the Ultra (TC96) wanted to cool it down. The TC96 motors are known for getting WAY WAY hot. I'm talking 280*+ oil temps on the highway.

Quote:

Thanks for the confidence but I don't have those mad skillz.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 11-24-2009, 07:49 PM   #19
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:

I'm interested in what he says. He shows that he has some limited ViED version for the buells but don't show them in the table where you purchase.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 11-24-2009, 07:56 PM   #20
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Dude only lists stuff for Buell back to 06. No good for me.

Quote: