Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 12-22-2009, 09:36 AM   #21
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYEster View Post
This is what I don't get. I don't see how it is unfair. Ok so some writing in the rule book makes it unfair, boohoo, well I guess no one really wants their own team to win. Because it's not fair when you're clean and everyone else is on something.

I'm sure almost EVERY pro athlete is on something, or did something to gain any advantage they could. Especially in mainstream sports, there's millions of dollars on the line. Sure it's "not about the money" but do you really think things would be as popular as they are without it? Hell no. I've seen people do steroids and spend a TON of time on steroid related forums, I have yet to see anyone become a pro based on their results, progress or journals that diary their usage.

UFC supposedly tests already, Sean "Shark" Sherk got busted for higher than average levels or testosterone and was disqualified from a fight.
Of course it's "about the money". Its always about the money. I dont work for free. Do you? Hell no, you work for the money. So do atheletes.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:45 AM   #22
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

I need to get me some steroids, I'm sicka workin out so much
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:56 AM   #23
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Of course it's "about the money". Its always about the money. I dont work for free. Do you? Hell no, you work for the money. So do atheletes.
UFC has been under the radar for a long time but now with its new found popularity its only a matter of time before the subject comes up. I dont know what if any testing or regulations they have over the athletes now but you know people will start asking questions sooner or later.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:58 AM   #24
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
UFC has been under the radar for a long time but now with its new found popularity its only a matter of time before the subject comes up. I dont know what if any testing or regulations they have over the athletes now but you know people will start asking questions sooner or later.
All I'm saying is "who cares?" It's entertainment, plain and simple. Juice em up and let the shit fly, son.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
Old 12-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #25
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
They would be a lot bigger/faster if they were juicing.

Don't get me wrong, there are some big guys in UFC. But, there are no freaks. I would think if roids would be involved, you would have one or two very very dominant guys winning everything.

Like this guy who is making a name for himself on the lower circuits..
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #26
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
They would be a lot bigger/faster if they were juicing.

Don't get me wrong, there are some big guys in UFC. But, there are no freaks. I would think if roids would be involved, you would have one or two very very dominant guys winning everything.

Like this guy who is making a name for himself on the lower circuits..
Mammoth.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2009, 03:43 PM   #27
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
All I'm saying is "who cares?" It's entertainment, plain and simple. Juice em up and let the shit fly, son.
This made me laugh out loud.

I don't think most do but I do believe that many do.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 04:56 PM   #28
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
This made me laugh out loud.

I don't think most do but I do believe that many do.
Like GDub...Mission Accomplished.

Quote:
Old 12-23-2009, 05:58 PM   #29
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

There's no way that guy isn't on juice. People don't grow like that naturally no matter how hard they work.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:35 PM   #30
TYEster
With MORE TYEstosterone

Moto: '12 KX450F / 08 YZ250F #512 / 07 KX65 #1

Lots of MMA guys get busted... You just don't hear about it because they don't want to openly tarnish the image of a growing sport.

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...3704&zoneid=13

Sherk getting busted

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...4359&zoneid=13

BTW Marius(the big dude in the pics above) is only fighting in K1/M1 or whatever it's called now because they DONT test. Likewise they don't test in his strongman contests either. Because as stated - no one wants to see the average persons achievements, they want to be entertained by the best of the best.
TYEster is offline   Reply With Quote