Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-22-2009, 08:39 PM   #61
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
Yup...youthful enthusiasm and self-rightousness get replaced by prudence, concern and a dash or skepticism after having some jackass scare the crap out of you, or watching a good friend get hurt or worse because somebody didn't care about anybody else's safety.....

...it's called "experience".
One of my favorite sayings is you start with an empty cup of experience and a full cup of luck. The trick is to fill the first before the second runs empty. After being hit by cars on two occasions and coming out of both without a scratch my cup of luck is about as empty as it gets.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:37 PM   #62
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antwanny View Post
Am i the only one who thinks the chatterbox is a bad idea? Loss of focus while riding busy jabbering about nothingness, you wanna talk pull over and talk.
I can see where in some instances it would be great, but I've also seen it be a distraction. There's a couple that used to ride with us that would wear them, and you could always tell when he was talking to her, because she'd be adjusting to volume or something, her speed would drop WAY down, and she'd drift all over the lane. I really don't think she was even aware of it; I think it's much like when someone's driving and really involved in a cellphone conversation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTB View Post
I wrote a post years ago on the old TWF titled something like "I won't ride with you if.." and it was kinda controversial....now ya'll sound like olde fartes like me........
OH! OH! See if you can find it!! I'd love to (re)read that!
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:39 PM   #63
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

I definitely prefer riding with people I know and trust. I've got a few friends that I ride with all the time. We'll take in someone new once in a while and keep a close eye on them till we can trust them.

i enjoy riding alone too, nothing wrong with that at all.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #64
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post

OH! OH! See if you can find it!! I'd love to (re)read that!
Pizdets moved it>

http://twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=2544&page=2
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #65
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

I typically ride alone since I havent met many people around here worth riding with. I ride with my buddy with the zx10 on occasion since he takes it easy but hes a squid. Most people I know ride like assholes and a few others are simply too fast for me. I dont mind riding with them, but they are much faster and prefer to push it a lot more than me. Ill have to take a few trips this year to find new people to ride with.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:17 AM   #66
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

We usually will break larger groups into smaller groups.

12 people into four groups of three each with a group leader.

During a ride, you'll kinda know who is the fast rider and who is the slow rider. Everyone else filters in between.

If we have "unknowns" in the group it's an automatic signal that this isn't going to be a speed run. The ride immediately drops about 25% in intensity just to keep everyone together, safe, and relaxed.

Rides become boring, tedius, and lame when you have to stand around waiting for the ambulance to arrive and then later for the wrecker.

Now you haven't ridden until you are working to catch Barker backing it into corners in the rain whiffing your own processed burrito platter.

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:33 AM   #67
The Awesome
Custom User Title

There are 6-8 people I enjoy riding with, and out of that group I prefer 1 or 2 at a time. I will occasionally ride with more, but it's usually just me and one other or me on my own. I don't typically like riding with people outside that group of trusted friends.
The Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:17 AM   #68
Katana-750_lady
Umm... hi

Moto: Used to be F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Awesome View Post
There are 6-8 people I enjoy riding with, and out of that group I prefer 1 or 2 at a time. I will occasionally ride with more, but it's usually just me and one other or me on my own. I don't typically like riding with people outside that group of trusted friends.

I have to agree with you on that one, too many people just causes confusion. I prefer the smaller rides with people I know I can trust.

God I miss my bike!!
Old 01-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #69
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixxxxer View Post
I ride with about 5 or 6 Guys when we got out for a "Ride" but its uusally all Straightline or around the city...We did do the MD run and I put myself between two people I trusted...One was new to riding so he wasnt gonna push himself past my limits and the other was Dave, Who already had done the run so I followed his Line and kept pace with him.

But I like to ride alone...Its my ME Time...I'll ride 24/7 I dont care...sometimes I just get home from work it could be 12am and I'll go out for a ride somewhere.
haha course that turned out to not be the best idea when we hit those hills

i mostly ride by myself, or with one or two well known friends. i enjoy groups too and ill ride with anyone but when things start getting stupid i'll let myself slide to the back
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #70
xx CURVE xx
SMELL MY LEVER

Moto: Tards

I like to ride with my tarded friends
xx CURVE xx is offline   Reply With Quote