Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 03-27-2009, 12:39 AM   #11
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUKIMON View Post
Here's a pic of what I am talking about. Sorry but it's from my cell.

You can see the little tit that I am talking about just above the split loom tubing. It's slightly smaller than the diameter of a pencil, but I honestly don't think that it can be all that strong. ??? Someone please tell me that it would be a bad idea to remove this before I get all Dremel happy this weekend. I dropped the bars enought to clear the tit and pushed them out to the angle that I want and let me tell you...........That'll be the shit if I do it.
Well then do it! I don't think those mounts cost alot if it doesn't work out. My main concern is twisting without that nipple to hold it in place.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #12
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

yeah I believe that "tit" is what helps angle the clip on straight... I don't know if it has anything to do with stopping the clipon from twisting around the fork though.

I know Trip's brother broke that off on my bike when he low sided... and he was still able to ride home... but I don't know any more than that.

I'd try tightening it lowered so the "tit" clears... and see if the clipon twists around the fork... if there is no movement... I'd say give it a try...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #13
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbs15 View Post
yeah I believe that "tit" is what helps angle the clip on straight... I don't know if it has anything to do with stopping the clipon from twisting around the fork though.

I know Trip's brother broke that off on my bike when he low sided... and he was still able to ride home... but I don't know any more than that.

I'd try tightening it lowered so the "tit" clears... and see if the clipon twists around the fork... if there is no movement... I'd say give it a try...
Yea and be careful! You exert quit a bit of force on those babies during excelleration and hard braking!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:05 AM   #14
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

You'll be fine if you remove it. Its only there so the dip shits making the bike put them in the same place every time. But before you do you might want to know that most of the time if you push the bars forward or back more than a few degrees they will then hit the tank or body work at full turn. Make sure yours have room and that your brake and clutch levers have room also.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #15
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

All good points guys, and I thought of most all of them last night when I was out looking it over. I tried lowering them down past the point that I could move them where I want them and it was such an ackward feeling with them low, that I couldn't get a good feel of where I wanted them. I also tried lowering the tit out and then putting it past the edge of the tripple and then pulled it back up and it was so far forward that it hit the body.

What I did find out is that when I drop it below the clamp and leave the tit out of the pic, it will not budge when I tighten the clamp bolt down tight. I tried and tried and couldn't get it to move any. I think what I will do is to make sure I can get a set from the Bay and cut these. If it doesn't work out for me (and I don't crash) I'll have the others to put back on.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Have you thought of getting some woodcrafts they are oly $140.
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:25 PM   #17
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
Have you thought of getting some woodcrafts they are oly $140.

Honestly, no. I am sorry to admit it, but I don't know many online shopping sources. Maybe I need to start a thread for your favorite online stores??