Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Beginner's End

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #16
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
What are we goingto do tonight Jimmy, Chris, Nick, Sterling, Sportinsflying, Al, and Misty?

Same thing we do every night Brian, try to take over the motorcycling world!!!!!!
Hey no offense,I think you guys do great work,but when the Army started mandating MSF in the 80s it was bad enough. Now that states are starting to...well someone is getting rich! When I took the course it was like $30 or something,granted they didn't provide bikes or whatnot but frankly I wouldn't be surprised if the bikes were donated like drivers ed cars are. It's great advertising and can get new riders familiar with your brand. Don't get me wrong,the MSF course is a great idea,but making it mandatory reminds me of when helmet laws started. Pre-helmet laws Shoei=$100 or so,within 2 years of the law Shoei=$200-300. Maybe I'm weird but it always makes me nervous when the Gov't gives a monopoly to a certain organization and then forces the public to use said organization. Next you're gonna tell me that you have to take the course every so often to keep your "M" endorsement. If it isn't the law now,I bet there's some MSF lobbyist in the state capital greasing palms to make it so! Sorry,I'm a small gov't minded guy...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote