Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-12-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500
Default Saw a guy crash right before lunch today

My wife had off work today so we were on our way to the park to walk our new puppy Levi. As I'm in between the two "S" curves, a guy on a Honda V twin locks up the back brake and misses the corner. Just went straight at about 20 mph into somebody's lawn.

Since the V-twin isn't known for it's motocross capabilities, the front end washes out and he wiped out.

I pulled into the lawn ( out the road to allow any traffic that might come past ) and check him out. He's up, holding his right shoulder and says " I didn't know the corner was there". (There is a sign marked 20 mph )

He can move alright and other than sore seemed fine. We get the bike up and the only damage was the RR turn signal and the left mirror got torn off. The gas tank had a nice dent on the back right side.

He said he was OK, put the loose parts in his backpack and off he went.

If he would have stayed just slightly right the bumps wouldn't have thrown him off. Luckily he didn't go 8' further to the left as there are trees there.

Looking at the picture, he was coming from the bottom and when he realized the road turned, he jammed on the back brake only. He was going slow enough initially if he would have applied the front brake he would have made it easily. But, he didn't
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Oops.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote