Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

View Poll Results: Who will be the champ at the end of the year?
Max Biaggi 3 42.86%
Leon Haslam 0 0%
Jonathan Rea 2 28.57%
Tom Sykes 0 0%
James Toseland 0 0%
Nori Haga 2 28.57%
Ruben Xaus 0 0%
Jakub Smrz 0 0%
Marco Melandri 0 0%
Maxime Berger 0 0%
Troy Corser 0 0%
Chris Vermeulen 0 0%
Carlos Checa 0 0%
Roberto Rolfo 0 0%
Michael Fabrizio 0 0%
Leon Camier 0 0%
Eugene Laverty 0 0%
Ayrton Badovini 0 0%
Joan Lascorz 0 0%
Sylvain Guintoli 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-02-2011, 11:44 PM   #11
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Everybody is dogging rossi for finishing 12 in testing. The man just got off shoulder surgery. He cant even tuck fully, and has trouble in half of the turns. Ducati or not.... the man will be competitive nce he is healthy.

Whats worse is an injured Rossi still lapped faster than a healthy Hayden.... DOH!
bull. if his shoulder is so bad why did he compete at wrooom? whys he doing fucking wheelies?

or is this his plan to ride around the duc's front end problems?
ducati has thrown untold riches towards trying to fix this machine and its only gotten slower. check hayden 10 vs 11.

we're dogging him for good reason, he only seems to be injured when its convenient.
TWF Post whore #6

Last edited by Dave; 02-02-2011 at 11:46 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #12
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Ah the fate of our "heroes", the second they falter we bury them in shit! Having said that, it's still amazing to me that this motorcycle GOD could be so criticized even before a single race lap has been run. One small drop of blood in the water and the media sharks start circling...It happens to the best of them.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:46 AM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Ah the fate of our "heroes", the second they falter we bury them in shit! Having said that, it's still amazing to me that this motorcycle GOD could be so criticized even before a single race lap has been run. One small drop of blood in the water and the media sharks start circling...It happens to the best of them.
bro, you were in too. anytime a guy said he was sick and didnt act like it he got called a malingerer
TWF Post whore #6
Old 02-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
bro, you were in too. anytime a guy said he was sick and didnt act like it he got called a malingerer
Okay, when did being innocent become a requirement of pointing out human nature? Besides, Stacy Moaner was excusing his poor race results in interviews. I haven't seen Vale do that, have you? I said that not a single lap has been run and people are dogging him. Am I not right? Has he raced the Duc and I somehow missed it?
Trip did the same thing in the parking lot thread, apparently, if I've ever done anything wrong I no longer have the right to comment on anyone else's wrong doing. I never said that I don't do it, I said that people do. Anyway, there is a HUGE difference between Stoner and Rossi-don't cha think?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #15
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Stacy Moaner was excusing his poor race results in interviews. I haven't seen Vale do that, have you?
For the record, I am a huge Rossi fan, and always will be...But even he has an excuse now and again...Going backwards, here are some race quotes from last year after he got hurt...

Now, are these excuses 100% legit?...I think so...

Valencia quote

At one point I thought I might be able to win but in the later part of the race I just didn't have enough strength to stay with Lorenzo and Stoner, this is a very hard track when you're not completely fit. I started to make a few mistakes because I didn't have enough power to stop the bike so after a bit I decided it was better to slow down and keep my third place.

Motegi quote

At the end I was tired and my tyre was sliding a lot, it was a bit softer than I would have liked

Aragon quote

I couldn't do better than sixth. All the Yamahas have suffered here but my shoulder problems made it even worse for me and this, combined with the problems with our package at this track, made it extra hard

Indy quote

I did some good laps and I wasn't too far from the other Yamahas, but unfortunately I paid a lot for my lack of fitness in this heat and in the end I had to stop pushing because I didn't have any strength left in my body

Laguna Seca quote

The start of the race was very hard for me because I had a lot of pain and I was far from the podium
L8 Braker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:13 PM   #16
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Jay Cutler? Nah, Rossi is playing at testing. He will unleash to beast when time comes. I see the years of competition aging his desire. The playful competitor grown into grizzled vet. He knows not to throw it down on an unhealed shoulder and pull a 'Corser'...

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Damn, just realized this is the WSBK thread...GP talk will come in early March...

Hard to believe Toseland was the champ just a few years ago, yet no votes for him...
Old 02-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #18
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

JT did nick a championship year with Honda, but it was not a watershed year for WSBK talent and now there is an Aprilia, BMW, and new Kwacker to deal with. The year JT won it was pretty much Honda or Ducati.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 04:56 PM   #19
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8 Braker View Post
Damn, just realized this is the WSBK thread...GP talk will come in early March...

Hard to believe Toseland was the champ just a few years ago, yet no votes for him...
Yeah we got a bit off topic there. I do believe james will bounce back this year but I don't see him in the running.
Old 02-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #20
L8 Braker
Swollen Member

Anybody think Kawi will have any success, or will they just be back markers for the season?