Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 08-15-2011, 08:28 PM   #51
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
I agree with your points here and after.

And on the point that most HDs are more well maintained. True again. 2 reasons, price paid for bike. Also, most that can afford a HD can afford to take care of it, further, are usually more "grown up".

Thank you.
Ease of maintenance definitely helps.

Honestly Gas, how long would it take you to change both sumps on your bike if you didn't keep such detailed records? 15 minutes?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:36 PM   #52
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Again, if you ride a big bike, you better damn sure be able to manhandle it. If you can't pass a simple test on that big bike, you shouldn't be riding it.

I completely disagree with the more grown up comment. If anything they are just as fucking retarded or more so, just in a different way. They may not go around doing triple digits, but a lot of them are more than willing to ride around after a few beers. I would label that extremely less "grown up" than speeding.
I'm referring to money and respect for the machine... not riding style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Ease of maintenance definitely helps.

Honestly Gas, how long would it take you to change both sumps on your bike if you didn't keep such detailed records? 15 minutes?
2 sumps?

An HD has 3 oil holes.

And changing the oil is never the complete amount of service.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #53
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I'm referring to money and respect for the machine... not riding style.
I agree with that, most sportbike guys beat the ever living shit out of their bikes. Cost and youth plays a big part of that as you said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 08:48 AM   #54
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Mark it down. Trip agreed with me.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:59 PM   #55
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

So what really make a motorcyclist? Lots of miles ridden? Willing to ride in any weather?

Most people think we are insane to even be on a bike. I think that's what makes us motorcyclists. Insanity.
Old 08-16-2011, 01:30 PM   #56
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post
So what really make a motorcyclist? Lots of miles ridden? Willing to ride in any weather?

Most people think we are insane to even be on a bike. I think that's what makes us motorcyclists. Insanity.
Truth

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:00 PM   #57
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleck750 View Post

I think if you're willing to ride it. That means, at the track - on the road - wherever, but the want to ride it for the sake of riding. Not to be seen, or want to please anyone but yourself.

Last week, sitting at a picnic table right off the main drag at Sturgis. We had gotten food from a street vendor and I wanted to sit down to eat it. I spotted a huge picnic table being used by two people. I just walked up and asked if we could join them all the time assuming they knew eachother. They didn't. After we got to talking about where were from. Paula stated she was there from Ohio, Meg and I from Austin, there was another assumption that we all rode there. The lone man at the table chimed in that he was from San Jose, CA. He had flown to Rapid City and was riding a friend's bike that was trailered in for him. He went on to spout how important he was, he owned a business and couldn't take "extra" time off.

Paula [age 68] looked at him with a dead-pan look on her face... "Important, huh? Well, you're still a pussy."

He was there playing dress-up. That does not a rider make.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:54 PM   #58
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I think if you're willing to ride it. That means, at the track - on the road - wherever, but the want to ride it for the sake of riding. Not to be seen, or want to please anyone but yourself.

Last week, sitting at a picnic table right off the main drag at Sturgis. We had gotten food from a street vendor and I wanted to sit down to eat it. I spotted a huge picnic table being used by two people. I just walked up and asked if we could join them all the time assuming they knew eachother. They didn't. After we got to talking about where were from. Paula stated she was there from Ohio, Meg and I from Austin, there was another assumption that we all rode there. The lone man at the table chimed in that he was from San Jose, CA. He had flown to Rapid City and was riding a friend's bike that was trailered in for him. He went on to spout how important he was, he owned a business and couldn't take "extra" time off.

Paula [age 68] looked at him with a dead-pan look on her face... "Important, huh? Well, you're still a pussy."

He was there playing dress-up. That does not a rider make.
Too funny. Just like that cartoon someone posted about sportbikers vs harley riders.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:53 PM   #59
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Too funny. Just like that cartoon someone posted about sportbikers vs harley riders.
Not a harley vs a sportbike. A rider vs a poser.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Old 08-16-2011, 11:05 PM   #60
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Not a harley vs a sportbike. A rider vs a poser.
I understand what you're saying, but the video was about harley vs. sportbike. http://www.twowheelfix.com/showthread.php?t=19859
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote