Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750
Default I hate these people

Soo.. I was riding my new used bike and everything was fine. I was getting the feel of it, getting the hang of turns on the real road, and getting in and out of my driveway (there's basically a curb where there should be a groove). I went around the block 3 times I think, and then on the third this fucking dog decided it wanted to die and ran out in front of me. I panicked and forgot everything that the MSF taught me. I mean, it didn't help that I'm still working on the learning curve on the new bike.

But anyway, I partially dropped the bike on the right side. There's a screw like thing under the peg that prevented it from going down fully which helped me hold it up, however it still was on it's side far enough that something leaked. I was at a complete stand still, so there was nothing sliding on the street. I got home and took a look at the bottom of the bike to check things out, and I saw two loose hoses. When my father got back to the house he checked it out and we looked at the manual. After inspecting it further we're pretty sure that those hoses were always like that, and that the only thing that leaked was fuel through one of them. No warning lights were on.

Bare in mind my father knows a few things about cars, but bikes are practically foreign to the both of us. Here's a few pics to see what I'm talking about. We're thinking the first 3 pics are just in case you over fill the gas tank, and the 4th is some kind of line keeping something in front of the bike cool, idk. I hope I'm just being paranoid..

Some first day it turned out to be..

Last edited by njchopper87; 02-08-2009 at 07:32 PM..
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote