TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:27 PM   #12
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
It won't be solely MAME, it will definitely run a variety of systems. The power plant doesn't strictly have to be one system or computer either. I can get a monitor that allows me to switch between an xbox/computer/whatever. Still planning that part. I just called it MAME, because that's just a standard thing to call these cabinets.
Yeah, I figured... there are a lot of people out there who only run the arcade shit and I think that's a waste.

My preference would be to keep it simple by having as much under one system as possible... really simplifies the wiring...

Quote:
I like the bench idea, but I will probably go standup. I think I like a classic look over functionality like the gallery setup.
Yeah, I wasn't planning on going conventional at all... going for pure functionality.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #13
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Yeah, I figured... there are a lot of people out there who only run the arcade shit and I think that's a waste.

My preference would be to keep it simple by having as much under one system as possible... really simplifies the wiring...

Yeah, I wasn't planning on going conventional at all... going for pure functionality.
I want to get some bar stools made up for it. My wife has all kinds of connections with custom business furniture makers. They have done some sweet shit for the university of Tennessee football stadium suite furniture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #14
Lamnidae
CMDLINE

Moto: 2008 Black/Grey Hayabusa

Quote:
Yeah, I do want to do this, one dude I saw made his a jukebox as well, it was pretty neat. It would be pretty cool to tie it in with my itunes airplay setup I currently have and be able to control it from my android phone/Mac/iPad.
that's friggin awesome to add that in.

Looks like a great project Trip.
Lamnidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Man, there is a lot to learn about this and a lot of choices I need to make. I think I am definitely going to go for a computer setup first over a modded xbox. Probably will run Hyperspin. Just cause it provides for a lot more customization you can't do with xbox. Thinking about doing an LCD monitor over trying to find a classic CRT. OSP, the problem you are running into with emulators for arcade games is going to be mostly monitor and choice of emulators. You need a good arcade monitor/controller setup for arcade games to look right if you do a comp setup.

Want to go compie, because I am going to run LEDwiz for my buttons. I am going to use RGB buttons that will light up the color I want. So the buttons you are using for each game will light up the buttons you use and will light up the color I want them to light up. That will be pretty bad ass.

Still can't find a cabinet I want. I really like the 37" LCD cabinets on ebay, but I can't find a plan for them. I sent them asking if they would sell me the plan or maybe even a kit. I don't think I am capable of the woodworking part, but I have a friend who can if need be...

Got the most important part of this out of the way, I have a place to put the cabinet now.

Last edited by Trip; 02-24-2012 at 03:12 PM..
Old 02-24-2012, 04:04 PM   #16
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Man, there is a lot to learn about this and a lot of choices I need to make. I think I am definitely going to go for a computer setup first over a modded xbox. Probably will run Hyperspin. Just cause it provides for a lot more customization you can't do with xbox. Thinking about doing an LCD monitor over trying to find a classic CRT. OSP, the problem you are running into with emulators for arcade games is going to be mostly monitor and choice of emulators. You need a good arcade monitor/controller setup for arcade games to look right if you do a comp setup.

Want to go compie, because I am going to run LEDwiz for my buttons. I am going to use RGB buttons that will light up the color I want. So the buttons you are using for each game will light up the buttons you use and will light up the color I want them to light up. That will be pretty bad ass.

Still can't find a cabinet I want. I really like the 37" LCD cabinets on ebay, but I can't find a plan for them. I sent them asking if they would sell me the plan or maybe even a kit. I don't think I am capable of the woodworking part, but I have a friend who can if need be...

Got the most important part of this out of the way, I have a place to put the cabinet now.
I wouldn't even consider a CRT, fuck that... LCD monitor all the way...

The thing about comps and all that... the Xbox just worked right out of the box for me... and worked damn well with all games, emulators, etc. I've fucked around with controllers and emulators in the past with PC, but it was never quite as seemless as with the Xbox.

Also, you can hack Xbox controllers to work with those arcade buttons... not sure it would work with the light-up scheme you're considering, but I never thought of that... I was just going for an easy build...
Old 02-24-2012, 04:08 PM   #17
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRqzO1Ba7xo
Old 02-25-2012, 10:40 AM   #18
njchopper87
Bored

Moto: '01 Spirit 750

I used to want my own arcade system, but now I just want an enormous HDTV and a good surround sound system.

If nothing else, it does seem like it would be fun to put together though. Make your own plans for a cabinet if you have to.

A quick google search came up with this though http://arcadecontrols.com/arcade_cabinet_plans.shtml . The first link had diagrams all drawn out.. fucking costs 2 grand.
njchopper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:14 PM   #19
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I have the HDTV.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #20
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Check out this place for parts. I'd just go with a good jamma board with a switcher so you can use your xbox or other system.
http://www.jammaboards.com/

Keep in mind whether you want mostly vertical or horizontal games as that will determine which way you mount your monitor and which game board you get. Mine is a vertical 48 game multicade with a 27" monitor.
They are very, very heavy so, make sure you put heavy-duty wheels with brakes under it so you can move it around easier!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote