Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #51
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
you're one of the few.

one sales guy wanted the dealership to find someone that would loan to higher risk people. WTF? lets sell something to someone that can't afford it. wait, that's what they did in the real estate industry. worked for them.

I've seen them upsell to a complete idiot and see the bike come back wadded up. but I've also seen a 250 come back in the same condition lol some people just shouldn't ride.

for the most part I absolutely hate salespeople. I don't even trust that the name they gave me is the right one.
Ironically enough, I did have a salesperson at a local dealer try to sell me what he thought was a Kawi, and it was a Suzuki...but I guess the blaring brand logos werent enough of a clue for him!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #52
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by deals gap dragon slayer View Post
but what about the overall image of the sportbike community. .
Dragging knee through the dragon is HORRIBLE for our image.

I personally don't give two shits if you do it. Why would you care if I don't wear gear?

What it boils down to is YOU pushing your beliefs on somebody else. I don't agree with it. And you'll never change my mind. I always believe in choice.

Your image is unimportant to me. I don't care if my actions effect you anymore than your actions effect me.

And don't even pretend that everytime you're doing three times the speed limit nobody is around to see it and you're the only one you can hurt...

Quit being a hypocrite Actually, don't quit being a hypocrite. Just stop trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't do.. It's ultimately none of your business.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:31 AM   #53
deals gap dragon slayer
Addicted to Track

Moto: 2007 Kawi ZX-10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I don't think dealers should sell newbs those bikes either, but they do...and often. If a kid walks in and wants a ninja 250 most dealers will try to sell him the zx14. Why? Because it's more money, more commission, more cash in his pocket.

But if a newb is dumb enough to buy it then fuck 'em.
so why not encourage the dealers to try to have some sort of mentoring role towards new riders. A newb is a newb... hence the term... newb... they'll believe whatever the dealer tells them because they're the so called authority. if the dealer is feading the newbs bad info. it isn't the newbs fault..

Like Eric said... newbs don't know any better... atleast he's doing the right thing and trying to talk some sense into them
deals gap dragon slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #54
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
there's no law about it... but what about the overall image of the sportbike community. if it starts off with the dealerships promoting irresponsible behavior and riding habits, what chance to safe responsible riders have in a society that already has us labeled as delinquents.

So you approve of a dealer selling a Busa or a liter sport bike to a first time rider who may or may not have his MC license? there's not a law against it... but common sense would urge against it.

I mean I'm sorry... but my insurance rates are high enough for the simple fact that I'm part of a so called statistic because of dipshits who probably should never be on bikes to begin with. But since no one is holding any sort of responsibility things just continue to fall in a downward spiral...

Do I think an MC license should be required to buy a bike... YES

Do I think dealerships who sell to unlicensed riders should be fined, etc...YES

Do I think that the US should use a tiered licensing system similar if not identical to many European countries... YES...

Is that being a Nazi? NO...

Its trying to create better, safer, more responsible riders.
PS. Your body is over the double yellow in your av, and I doubt you're following the speed limit..
Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 AM   #55
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
Dragging knee through the dragon is HORRIBLE for our image.

I personally don't give two shits if you do it. Why would you care if I don't wear gear?

What it boils down to is YOU pushing your beliefs on somebody else. I don't agree with it. And you'll never change my mind. I always believe in choice.

Your image is unimportant to me. I don't care if my actions effect you anymore than your actions effect me.

And don't even pretend that everytime you're doing three times the speed limit nobody is around to see it and you're the only one you can hurt...

Quit being a hypocrite Actually, don't quit being a hypocrite. Just stop trying to tell people what they should or shouldn't do.. It's ultimately none of your business.
That pretty much sums it up. Specifically that I dont care what you do anymore than you care what I do.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:33 AM   #56
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
so why not encourage the dealers to try to have some sort of mentoring role towards new riders. A newb is a newb... hence the term... newb... they'll believe whatever the dealer tells them because they're the so called authority. if the dealer is feading the newbs bad info. it isn't the newbs fault..

Like Eric said... newbs don't know any better... atleast he's doing the right thing and trying to talk some sense into them
Encourage all you want...but you and I both know dealers are in the business of making money. Thats the bottom line here. What is gonna put more money in their pocket...mentoring or selling an 11,000 dollar bike?

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #57
deals gap dragon slayer
Addicted to Track

I don't see how I'm a hypocrite here... if I was wearing a tshirt and shorts and sandals on a bike and saying people should wear gear.. then yes...

but not in this case. ultimately yeah, its each riders choice whether or not they want excessive road rash. and ya know what.. fine.. more power to them. I'm just saying from the stand point of a new rider, the images portrayed on that dealers website say that gear just isn't needed.. and the attitude of the owner says the same thing.

i just don't understand why anyone would support such ignorance
Old 03-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #58
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:

Because, it should be up to the licensing system and the individual. Not the dealer.

Dealers are out to make money. That's their business. They sell motorcycles. They're not there to decide whether or not somebody is "worthy" of owning said motorcycle.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #59
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Quote:
I don't see how I'm a hypocrite here... if I was wearing a tshirt and shorts and sandals on a bike and saying people should wear gear.. then yes...

but not in this case. ultimately yeah, its each riders choice whether or not they want excessive road rash. and ya know what.. fine.. more power to them. I'm just saying from the stand point of a new rider, the images portrayed on that dealers website say that gear just isn't needed.. and the attitude of the owner says the same thing.

i just don't understand why anyone would support such ignorance

Because you call it ignorance doesn't make it so.. It's your opinion. nothing more, nothing less..

Riding gear is better than not riding gear. but, if you didn't ride the motorcycle to begin with that would be the safest course of action wouldn't it?

You're right. Hypocrite was the wrong word..
Old 03-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #60
deals gap dragon slayer
Addicted to Track

if it goes to licensing then you'd all bitch about the government trying to take your choice away...

gear is about education.. not licensing...
hell, i've got a choice here in texas to not wear a helmet. I've even got the extra endorsement that makes it perfectly legal for me to ride without a lid... but i still wear it every time my bike leaves my driveway.