Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 03-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #11
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
understandable, nashville is a long haul for you guys.

Yeah, beleive me, I would if I could, one day when I am independently wealthy, I will...but till then, I have to be able to make it back to work on time come Monday (we usually do ours on Sat & Sun, then drive back Sunday night)!
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:39 PM   #12
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rae View Post
Yeah, beleive me, I would if I could, one day when I am independently wealthy, I will...but till then, I have to be able to make it back to work on time come Monday (we usually do ours on Sat & Sun, then drive back Sunday night)!
That's what we are doing in nashville. You are going to have to make it out to Tally GP on a monday though if you can. You will get more out of that track day than any other org out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:44 PM   #13
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I can't fit in any women specific... I'm too tall. The thing to keep in mind is the inseam to the knee. On a typical women's suit - the inseam to the knee is about 15inches. That is where the knee armor resides - and in most cases has shin armor right under it. My inseam to the knee is 18inches which would mean the shin armor would be on my kneecap.

Dainese fits me well enough to buy, then have it taylored. But, at that point you might as well call Syed and have a custom fit.

Another option G-Line from Gericke... http://www.femmoto.com/femmotosuitspecs.html
yeah, when i bought my 2pc. A* suit i didn't account for inseam length. i am kinda short/squat and the knee pucks ended up being shin pucks on me. kinda the opposite problem you had. i ended up just reselling them.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #14
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by itgirl25 View Post
yeah, when i bought my 2pc. A* suit i didn't account for inseam length. i am kinda short/squat and the knee pucks ended up being shin pucks on me. kinda the opposite problem you had. i ended up just reselling them.
It drives me crazy when they give overall inseam... like that matters. First of all, the bottom will be covered by boots, so that doesn't matter anyway. And, the armor placement is SO important.

How tall are you?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #15
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

I can't in any way shape or from fit into a rack suit (I'm 5'-6" but only have a 25" inseam - LOOONG body add a girlish figure to that and I'm SOL with off the rack race suits) - mine's a custom suite from Syed leathers. It's fully custom, fits like a glove (as custom should) and is very crashworthy. It was less than $1000 and I picked the colors and design as well. www.syedleathers.com

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:28 PM   #16
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
It drives me crazy when they give overall inseam... like that matters. First of all, the bottom will be covered by boots, so that doesn't matter anyway. And, the armor placement is SO important.

How tall are you?
I thought that was going too be a huge problem for me to but because of the boots it did not matter that they are a bit shorter...I am 5'11" BTW

I have Alpinestars jacket and pants but not a one piece. I wear a* because my husband is still wearing the suit he crashed in.

I was not able to try mine on before I bought them...no shop around carries woman's gear...so I bought mine from Kneedragger.com because they have a quick, no questions asked exchange policy. They want you to have the right size! Because I did not know my size it was nice to know that I would have no hassle exchanging them...which I did, and it was easy!

Plus, I got over $50 off my next purchase because of their "Puck Buck" thingy.
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:51 PM   #17
psychochild28
Banned

Moto: SV 650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Screw that, come to nashville with STT, we are going to be there both days. Same weekend.
Where's this track i wanna go?!?!?!
psychochild28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:02 PM   #18
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychochild28 View Post
Where's this track i wanna go?!?!?!
It's the nascar track. It's out near murfreesboro. A big group of us will be out there that whole weekend if you want to come hang out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:41 PM   #19
Becca_007
Street Stunter

Moto: 2003 Kawasaki Z1000

I've been looking around since last fall but no one carries this stuff so it's impossible to try on. I'm still debating about a trip down to Ohio (Iron Pony) but if i remember correctly it's 5 hours each way.
Becca_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:08 PM   #20
itgirl
is in your head...

Moto: 04 kawasaki zx636, 08 HD xl1200n (nightster)

Quote:

How tall are you?
i'm 5'4" and 153 lbs. i'm no toothpick, so in order to get the right waist size i had to also get the longer inseam (i'm not in proportion according to their size chart). i thought of having them altered, but didn't wanna chance destroying a $700 suit. it would have been way too much moving of zippers and armor. instead of it tucking into the top of my boots it went the whole way to my ankle and the armor hung on my shins. i couldn't even get my boots zipped over it. alas, i found a good home for it. another girl rider of proper proportions bought it from me. i didn't really need a leather suit anyways. i had no plans for track days. i just thought they looked cool. i know, i'm a poser.

kim

www.facebook.com/itgirl25
itgirl is offline   Reply With Quote