Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Which house would you choose?
House A: Big, fancy, look at me! 3 11.54%
House B: Smaller, easier to maintain, better locale. 22 84.62%
I fucker Tater's ex-wife in shmike's guest room. 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 11:06 AM   #111
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
if that's what I could afford, looks like that's where they would be living. my son and I did live in it when he was pre teen.

peoples mentality today just confuses me.
but if you could what would you rather have, a home or live in T/P?

and you could afford either.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.

Last edited by RACER X; 08-06-2009 at 11:09 AM..
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:08 AM   #112
AquaPython
put it THIS way

sean, just saw this thread now.

A appears not to be the choice for you. you listed a bunch of things right off the bat that makes the A house financially not appealing to you. so psychologically it seems you already made your choice, when you compare your positive and negative descriptive statements. anyway, just because you can get by on the payments of the big house, it seems you are still worried about shelling out more money for no real reason. with a house like that, HOA and upkeep should not be a deciding factor. if you can afford the house comfortably, the other shit is almost a non issue. but to buy it just to say you have a 3 car garage in a pimp neighborhood.... well its a lot of cash to trade hands just to be able to talk like that. also consider the size vs the people who will be living in it. look at bicho - K and him are moving out of their massive rental because it is just the two of them now, and the place is too big, with bills like 4-5 people should be living there.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:15 AM   #113
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPython View Post
you listed a bunch of things right off the bat that makes the A house financially not appealing to you. .
agreed, my guess is = he wants house B, wife wants house A

btw, how old is house A and B ?
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:18 AM   #114
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
WOW, it will always be OUR house and we'll use OUR $ to furnish it.
Maybe that it is because it's something YOU wanted together. I didn't want this house, SHE wanted this house. I comprimsed with HER for some things I wanted. The house is HERS and I am fine with that because OUR relationship works that way. SHE paid 90% of the downpayment to get this house and that got us a great interest rate and I was able to use the money I saved for the house to make some improvements I wanted to it. WE don't have children, WE both work decent paying jobs. WE use our own money for the things WE want. If there is something WE want together, WE pool our money to buy it. It will change when WE have children and SHE doesn't work as much, but for now it works for US. WE have no issues over money. I don't complain when SHE goes out and buys crazy amounts of shoes and do nothings and she doesn't complain when I buy gadgets and moto related products. This cuts OUR relationship squabbles down to mostly simple things since WE have no need to argue over money.

Why are WE capitalizing certain WORDS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
I speak from experience. Been there. Done that. It's my idea of heaven!
How many years and where at? I lived there long enough in the Eagle River/Wasilla/Palmer area to never want to go back again. The mountains of Tenn provide me with enough beauty and less winter. Even trade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #115
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

You may not be happy if you let other people make your decisions for you.

That said, I personally like smaller houses. Someone mentioned that house A will appreciate more when the market comes back. Maybe it will, but I'd prefer to be 5 minutes from the beach. And I'd think house B would be MUCH easier to sell simply due to location. If you don't have the need for all that space, I'd go with house B and save gas money, utility money, sanity, etc. by having a shorter drive to work and a shorter drive to the beach. But that's me. You might want the seclusion of house A. I hate to clean, so I know I'd spend a lot of money on a maid coming in to clean all the time.
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #116
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Quote:
lol, whoever said that? do you want your kids growing up in a trailer park? vs a home? of any sq ft.

now granted some T/P may be nicer then some hoods, but by in large they're not.

and who's to say "rich" people can't raise well adjusted kids?

IMO parenting has to do more about the people then the $ they make. just cuz people earn good livings doesn't mean they can't be good parents, and vice versa......
So we agree that no matter where you grow up, how much money/footage involved, that you can raise healthy children.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #117
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
but if you could what would you rather have, a home or live in T/P?

you are arguing a moot point, I don't have the money and don't desire to live in a house large enough to house 3 families.

I lived in what was called a "Resort" not a trailer park. I had access to a swimming pool and 3 large ponds to fish in any time I wanted along with a few other things.

it's people that wanted more than they could actually afford that helped get this country in the mess it's in. I may be contributing to a different part of the problem but not this part.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:35 AM   #118
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
you are arguing a moot point, I don't have the money and don't desire to live in a house large enough to house 3 families.

I
who's arguing, it's a simple ?, when your son was w/ you. would you rather have lived on "the resort" or a "normal" N-hood w/ a normal house (vs 3000+sq ft)?

2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #119
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
lol, whoever said that? do you want your kids growing up in a trailer park? vs a home? of any sq ft.

now granted some T/P may be nicer then some hoods, but by in large they're not.

and who's to say "rich" people can't raise well adjusted kids?

IMO parenting has to do more about the people then the $ they make. just cuz people earn good livings doesn't mean they can't be good parents, and vice versa......
oh, you're one of those people.

rich people seem to be more snobbish than ones without as much.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #120
zed
yellow don't corner well

Quote:
who's arguing, it's a simple ?, when your son was w/ you. would you rather have lived on "the resort" or a "normal" N-hood w/ a normal house (vs 3000+sq ft)?

wish in one hand and shit in the other, see which one fills up first.

I have already said I don't have the money and don't desire to live in a house that large.

I would say that you are arguing with me. you think that to be happy I have to live in a house that I can't afford or even want.

I'm happy with what we are living in right now with a garage as big as our living space. we are at the top of the hill which believe it or not is better than the "hood" at the bottom of the hill. so far no one has bothered anything here, we've been here over a year. it's good enough.

you completely skipped over the important part of that post any way.