Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Which house would you choose?
House A: Big, fancy, look at me! 3 11.54%
House B: Smaller, easier to maintain, better locale. 22 84.62%
I fucker Tater's ex-wife in shmike's guest room. 1 3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #91
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
So for those who bought homes 2x as large as their previous one.......How much did you spend on furniture & artwork in order to fill the extra space, lol

alot
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:01 AM   #92
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
My idea of heaven would be a 450 sqft cabin in the Alaskan mountains (Cordova, specifically).
the perfect choice
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:03 AM   #93
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Quote:
So for those who bought homes 2x as large as their previous one.......How much did you spend on furniture & artwork in order to fill the extra space, lol
"More than you can afford, pal."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ff_quote_x.jpg (56.0 KB, 32 views)
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:08 AM   #94
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeNetworX View Post
"More than you can afford, pal."
you got a ferrari?
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #95
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
This was our first home purchase together so between all of my stuff and all of her stuff we were able to fill most of it up.

Now as far as "artwork"...well we're still working on that part...still have some bare walls. Oh well.

She had a 1400 sq. ft. townhouse and I had a 1000 sq. ft. condo but we both also had storage units rented that needed to be emptied as well.

Both had been married before too so we had a bunch of stuff in these storage units that we weren't using but didn't want to get rid of either...so it came in handy with the bigger place.

Ok now that I think of it...your question didn't really apply to my situation but I posted this anyways.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:12 AM   #96
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
I think it's interesting how 2000 sq feet is considered small

Our current house is like 1100 sq feet and that includes the garage

2000 sq feet in this city will run you over 340,000 and that doesn't include a garage, use able basement and parking for more than 1 car..

I've learned I don't want an exceptionally huge house. I hate cleaning and the fact I feel I "need" to fill it with crap.

I choose B - location is important....
I don't think 2000 sq ft is small. I live in that and think it's huge and too big.

Quote:
Nothing, the wife works and I told her if she wants to fill the place, use her money. I consider it her house since she

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzergirl View Post
My idea of heaven would be a 450 sqft cabin in the Alaskan mountains (Cordova, specifically). So my opinion might be slightly skewed in this question of house A or house B.
This is one time I disagree with a small house. There is no question of this, none, you will go flippin nuts in a house that tiny in Alaska. I lived in a small house in Alaska. By the end of winter, it was lucky someone in my family wasn't dead. If you are just going to stay in the summer, it would be nice cause you would never be inside, but in the winter someone will die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:14 AM   #97
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

we had the biggest UHAUL truck full of stuff, and our house looked pretty empty.

now we got a jog stroller and another stroller parked in the formal dining room......

we got a new King sized bedroom set, now there's a portable crib and bassinet next to it.......

and charlie's room has our old queen bedroom set + a full on crib in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Nothing, the wife works and I told her if she wants to fill the place, use her money. I consider it her house since she

WOW, it will always be OUR house and we'll use OUR $ to furnish it.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #98
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

we have 1500 sqf for the two of us, and we don't even use it all

Granted, it helps to have another 1200 sqf of ride-in basement for my hubbies crap and my bikes.....

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:18 AM   #99
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:

Not much, I got to unload our storage rental. Yay!
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #100
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X View Post
or nicer homes may get your better insulation, better windows, more efficient A/C units, tech shield in the attic, etc.......vs bare min. smaller homes.

so a bigger house w/ better effeciency may actually be cheaper utility wise vs a cheaper home thats not as efficient. the cost is relative to the area, its how much your household uses.

our elec. bill was in the $70-80 range during the winter in our new house. our old townhouse was in the $250-300's.......

kinda strange very few actually buy smaller houses, but most buy bigger, yet everybody is on the small house bandwagon.....

sounds like your kids are outta of the house or about to be, where mike is in the beginning stage of his "family".
if you're specing the house why would you end up with lower grade building materials? even if you didn't have the house built, you can go over the specs of the materials, find out what the R rating of the insulation/windows...

I don't like paying taxes in the first place, why spend more for something bigger and have to pay more taxes on top of that?

I like where we live now, the garage/basement is the same size as the living space. plenty of room down there for my half finished projects.