Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 02-25-2010, 03:26 PM   #171
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Ya gotta speak English to me, What's Mavericks and is that your average price? You can get $100 steak dinners all night at Del Frisco's here.

All I'm saying is that if you want the restaurants to pay the servers as much as they make from tips its going to cost you a lot more to eat out. Same thing I said last time we debated this.
What im saying is, I dont mind paying a lot for food. I do however, mind directly paying for your workers wages.

And dont let your babies grow up to be cowboys, either.
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:28 PM   #172
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
But, all Apoc and I were saying is if you do a shitty job, you just might get a shitty tip because tipping is not mandatory. If it were, as you just said, the quality of service would go down.

So the argument all along has been that if you don't deserve a tip, you shouldn't get it. And it's been very adamantly against because it's a hard job and even if you're not good at it, it should be my responsibility to pay your wages if I agree with it or not.
I'm not sure where the disconnect lies.

I have agreed with you almost 100% on the first half of your posts.

The second half you either go overboard trying to make your point, on a tangent or just ramble incoherently.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:30 PM   #173
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
What im saying is, I dont mind paying a lot for food. I do however, mind directly paying for your workers wages.
Next time you go to Maverick's, have them charge an extra 20% and tell them not to expect a tip.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:32 PM   #174
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Next time you go to Maverick's, have them charge an extra 20% and tell them not to expect a tip.
20% would be stiffing the waitresses, because the girls in that place are really fucking hot.

You miss the parts where I said im an extremely good tipper, and focused on the part where I still believe its wrong to expect your customers to pay your workers.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:40 PM   #175
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
20% would be stiffing the waitresses, because the girls in that place are really fucking hot.

You miss the parts where I said im an extremely good tipper, and focused on the part where I still believe its wrong to expect your customers to pay your workers.
I'm not a historian, but I'm quite sure restaurant owners weren't the ones who created tipping..........Customers did. And, once that custom grew, restaurant owners knew they could lower their wages down to almost nothing, since customers were going to tip anyway.

You're acting like it was forced, when in reality it was everyday people who decided to tip.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:41 PM   #176
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

... and service people who decided to make it mandatory.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #177
shmike
Follower

Quote:

I didn't miss anything.

The point is that servers wages are directly related to the price of your meal.

If you want them to be paid by the company, expect to pay the company more.

And yes, in the end, the servers suffer.

I'll give you two guesses; What happens to the quality of waitstaff once that happens...
Old 02-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #178
Apoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I'm not a historian, but I'm quite sure restaurant owners weren't the ones who created tipping..........Customers did. And, once that custom grew, restaurant owners knew they could lower their wages down to almost nothing, since customers were going to tip anyway.

You're acting like it was forced, when in reality it was everyday people who decided to tip.

Thats the thing, people did it VOLUNTARILY, not because they felt they were forced to because some asshole owner is too cheap to pay his workers a normal wage.

Its like tip jars at a fast food counter. I think its fucking dispicable. You put my fucking food in a bag and handed to me. Do they really think they deserve extra money for that? Just like bartenders who dont give you your change... I always tip them, but they seem to think they deserve it for twisting the cap off my beer. A good woman should do that without me handing them a 5.

Last edited by Apoc; 02-25-2010 at 03:49 PM..
Old 02-25-2010, 03:52 PM   #179
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Thats the thing, people did it VOLUNTARILY, not because they felt they were forced to because some asshole owner is too cheap to pay his workers a normal wage.
And after enough people started tipping, everyone did.......Maybe cuz of peer pressure, or whatever, I don't know..........The point is, sooner or later the restaurant owners realized that they didn't need to pay their servers as much.

Quote:
Its like tip jars at a fast food counter. I think its fucking dispicable. You put my fucking food in a bag and handed to me. Do they really think they deserve extra money for that?
In most cases I'd agree with you, because those people are getting at least minimum wage, unlike a waiter who only gets like $2.50.

You won't see a major fast food chain with a jar on the counter ----- Only independants. Is it right? Depends if you think the employee did something special that deserves it. But nobody is going to say anything if you don't put something in the jar.

Last edited by Homeslice; 02-25-2010 at 03:54 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #180
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Do you feel the same way about strip clubs?