Old 06-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Yeah but that Lorenzo kid sucks.

Must be the bike.

POS

Yea this is a TOTALLY different bike from when Biaggi rode it, so I was smart enough not to try and compare it to the bike Max rode. On the other hand, Colin Edwards did ride the same bike so...
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:35 PM   #22
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yea this is a TOTALLY different bike from when Biaggi rode it, so I was smart enough not to try and compare it to the bike Max rode. On the other hand, Colin Edwards did ride the same bike so...
Yeah I know.

I'm just sick of hearing: "Only this rider can ride this bike"

Only Pedrosa can ride the Honda, only Stoner can ride the Ducati, only Rossi can ride the Yamaha, etc.
shmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 12:49 PM   #23
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Yeah I know.

I'm just sick of hearing: "Only this rider can ride this bike"

Only Pedrosa can ride the Honda, only Stoner can ride the Ducati, only Rossi can ride the Yamaha, etc.

Hey that's a fair complaint! It does seem that way A LOT! There is a SHITLOAD of 1st row- 6th row discrepancies between the "A" rider and the "B" rider in every camp but Yamaha. To my mind that says superior team and/or superior machine. Everyone knows how I feel about "Mr Excuses" Nicky Hayden, most dominant bike on the grid in previous years (both the Honda and the Ducati) and he can barely muster a 10 ten finish. It's always the bike/team's fault. Yeah I'm sure that Honda spent millions of dollars to put you on the grid only to abandon and not support you during the race season...yeah sure. Apparently, Ducati is doing the same thing...BASTARDS!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 07:00 PM   #24
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Hey that's a fair complaint! It does seem that way A LOT! There is a SHITLOAD of 1st row- 6th row discrepancies between the "A" rider and the "B" rider in every camp but Yamaha. To my mind that says superior team and/or superior machine. Everyone knows how I feel about "Mr Excuses" Nicky Hayden, most dominant bike on the grid in previous years (both the Honda and the Ducati) and he can barely muster a 10 ten finish. It's always the bike/team's fault. Yeah I'm sure that Honda spent millions of dollars to put you on the grid only to abandon and not support you during the race season...yeah sure. Apparently, Ducati is doing the same thing...BASTARDS!!!
they should just let the rider pick what bike they wanna ride at the start
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:01 PM   #25
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
they should just let the rider pick what bike they wanna ride at the start
Dude that would be awesome!!! Maybe a lottery or better yet a footrace and you jump on the bikes and go! I think a different manufacturer should provide all of the bikes for every round. You get the bike per lottery and away you go!!! A couple practice sessions, superpole and then race!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:13 PM   #26
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

I can understand Ben wanting to change up now that he proved that he "can hang with the big boys". I really wonder though is Aprilla really an org that can handle a rider like Ben? Just a personal opinion I would love to see him on a duc but that's only because I love the Ducs.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post
I can understand Ben wanting to change up now that he proved that he "can hang with the big boys". I really wonder though is Aprilla really an org that can handle a rider like Ben? Just a personal opinion I would love to see him on a duc but that's only because I love the Ducs.
I'd like to see him on anything except Ducati, they have the most dominant bike. I see no reason to give them the most dominant rider as well!
Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #28
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

Quote:
I'd like to see him on anything except Ducati, they have the most dominant bike. I see no reason to give them the most dominant rider as well!
Those Ducati bikes impress the hella outta me.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 10:31 PM   #29
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

Quote:
See your point but..... I would love to see what he can really do with all the "might" of the best behind him. With the right backing how far could he take it???? How good could he really be?
Pluse to be crude sexy guy on a sexy bike Sorry I had to go there had a few wiskey sours tonight
Old 06-29-2009, 11:08 PM   #30
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Dude that would be awesome!!! Maybe a lottery or better yet a footrace and you jump on the bikes and go! I think a different manufacturer should provide all of the bikes for every round. You get the bike per lottery and away you go!!! A couple practice sessions, superpole and then race!!!
nah do it by footrace. and to make things interesting you start in reverse order of your last finish. so the last guy who won is the furthest away from the bikes when the gun goes off manufacturer's points stay the same, just peel the riders off. no practice, no superpole, no samesies for race two.
TWF Post whore #6

Last edited by Dave; 06-29-2009 at 11:10 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote