Old 03-08-2010, 01:32 PM   #1
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr
Default Interesting articles on shitty cars

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/ham...antis-inferno/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #2
BobTheBiker
too much time on my hands

Moto: 01 ZX6R, looking for more now.

sounds about right.
BobTheBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Ford Focus (2000 – 2003): I have a friend of mine who is a top ten buyer at two different dealer auctions. He’s been doing it for nearly 30 years now. The number one piece of advice he told me was to never, and I mean never, buy a Ford Focus from these model years. The 2000 models had more recalls than any vehicle since the early-80’s. Ten safety recalls. That’s right, ten. I’ve also yet to see one from this time period that didn’t have rattles at idle. I will say one good thing. There was one 2000 model that actually had 393k on the odometer. Quite an accomplishment, but I’m sure the owner was halfway to deafness with all the noise that came in the cabin. He also used a bungee cord to help shift it which was probably more expensive than the Ford sourced stick itself.
I can attest to this one, I bought 2 of them, The first one I bought in Feb 2000, I traded it in last week with 130k miles for $1600 after it failed inspection for its suspension and emmissions, and I lied through my teeth to trade it in for that price. The second one I bought in Aug of 2000, it lasted until 2 years ago when it died with 127k miles on it, litterally it fell apart over a 2 week period, stuff just started to fall off like the fuel rail, and the gas tank, and an air bag, and the radiator, and a ton of other stuff. Some of that stuff while it wasnt even driving. I started it up one morning and the radiator fell off (like litterally it just dropped down and hit the ground, if I didnt go back in the house and notice it I would have been dragging my radiator). It finally got to a point where I looked at all the stuff that was wrong with it, got trade in estimates (around 500 for its condition with visible body damage) and decided it would make me more money by parting it out then selling the chassis for scrap.
Old 03-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #4
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I can attest to this one, I bought 2 of them, The first one I bought in Feb 2000, I traded it in last week with 130k miles for $1600 after it failed inspection for its suspension and emmissions, and I lied through my teeth to trade it in for that price. The second one I bought in Aug of 2000, it lasted until 2 years ago when it died with 127k miles on it, litterally it fell apart over a 2 week period, stuff just started to fall off like the fuel rail, and the gas tank, and an air bag, and the radiator, and a ton of other stuff. Some of that stuff while it wasnt even driving. I started it up one morning and the radiator fell off (like litterally it just dropped down and hit the ground, if I didnt go back in the house and notice it I would have been dragging my radiator). It finally got to a point where I looked at all the stuff that was wrong with it, got trade in estimates (around 500 for its condition with visible body damage) and decided it would make me more money by parting it out then selling the chassis for scrap.
You bought 2 Focii in the same year??
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
....., and I lied through my teeth to trade it in for that price. .....
Liar, theif, swindler. Hope you can live with urself.

I'm surprised that only thing GM got raked on was the Caddy interior, but their are way off base with that one. Ever sit in a 2004 Malibu?

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:52 PM   #6
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
You bought 2 Focii in the same year??
Yeh, my wife bought one, then we got married then I bought one. She had a family member get them for us who worked for ford corporate, I think hers was 10k and mine was 8k brand new