Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 07-13-2009, 12:28 PM   #11
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Couldn't resist posting. I saw it on another forum.

z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 01:00 PM   #12
Rider
Moto GP Star

I was trying to watch the video yesterday but every 5 seconds it had to stop and buffer for about 10 second. I never made it past the first minute of round 1. Hopefully I'll have a better connection tonight.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:51 AM   #13
cbrchick
Canyon Carver

Moto: Honda CBR 600, Yamaha Zuma 50, Suzuki SV1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Couldn't resist posting. I saw it on another forum.

Oh damm that's funny...

I watched the fights yesterday. My hubby taped them for me b/c I can't manage staying up until 2 in my preggo state. He wouldn't watch Brock fight again... Upset him too much The man is a mountain. Frank's face looked like hamburger when he finally got up.

And GSP... I had a dream a few weeks ago that he was the father of my child. Hubby wasn't too impressed with that either

Kirsty...
cbrchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #14
z06boy
Letzroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrchick View Post
Oh damm that's funny...

I watched the fights yesterday. My hubby taped them for me b/c I can't manage staying up until 2 in my preggo state. He wouldn't watch Brock fight again... Upset him too much The man is a mountain. Frank's face looked like hamburger when he finally got up.

And GSP... I had a dream a few weeks ago that he was the father of my child. Hubby wasn't too impressed with that either

Kirsty...
GSP probably is a stud...the wife sort of paid him a bit more "attention" than the other fighters when I showed her who he is too with his little french accent and all. Brock is a monster but I'm not really a fan of his either.

I do like GSP but not like you and the wife. !!

I loved seeing Bisping get rocked.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:07 PM   #15
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

GSP is funny with his Compression Shorts on and nothing else...I'm sure the ladies get a nice kick out of that

I like lesner...I wanted to see him get beat again by Mir...but after watching what he did to Mir...I'm glad it went how it did.

GSP is moving up to light heavyweight....he has beaten every welterweight opponent there is...And dana white pretty much said Fedor is coming to the UFC once his contract is up with Affliction.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:20 PM   #16
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Overall I think it was a good show, but the fucking undercard was way too stacked to NOT show...

I just watched the undercard this evening and it was really solid, the only fight I didn't see were the two fights that splattered all the blood all over the fucking place... it's a shame... Watching CB Dollaway get choked the fuck out by some guy making his UFC debut was money and almost made up for it...

Coleman vs. Bonner was fun to watch. I always like to see an old guy come in and whip ass... Of course, Henderson KO'ing Bisping was cash money... That said, I'd like to see a Coleman/Henderson matchup. Either way Coleman/Bonner had me wondering, "why the fuck did I have to watch Belcher and the asian guy I've never heard of?"

Watching Jon Fitch man-handle Thiago was money too. Fuck that Thiago guy, he's way over-rated. Fitch on the other hand is one tough SOB. Again, it had me wondering "why the fuck am I watching Belcher fight again?"

GSP did exactly what I expected him to do... and if you noticed, his corner was real careful about not putting too much hands on him and an official checked his greasiness level at least once while in the corner. Either way GSP is no fucking joke, but I hate the fucking guy anyway. Oh, and my girlfriend and her friend noticed his package looked relatively large. Of course, compared to me that's not really hard to do...

Lesnar/Mir... It went down as expected. Lesnar gets someone on the ground, smothers them with his size and strength, then drops cinder blocks on their head until the fight is called. Personally, I'm not a fan of Lesnar because he's so amazing... I'm a fan of the guy because he's doing EXACTLY what needs to be done to the heavyweight division... get some real heavyweights.

For a long time the heavyweight division was soft... Lesnar is forcing it to become stronger. Bigger, stronger, heavier, SKILLED, guys... Not just a ton of guys who are too lazy to cut to 205 or are just BIG. There are a few of them floating around, but Lesnar shows what the future is... He's not the most skilled, but the fuckin' guy is no joke.

As far as his post-fight antics... Fuck it. I thought it was retarded, but I don't really care either. The guy spent the better part of the last 10 years learning how to work a crowd in mostly a negative way, now he's put in a position in which he has a microphone and a significant amount of adreneline pumping... I am not surprised...

Fedor/Lesnar... Sorry Fedor fans, I don't think he can handle the strength and speed of Lesnar. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that Lesnar drops him on his head and wins in the first round. Personally, I don't think the answer to Lesnar is Fedor... I think it's Carwin. Shane fucking Carwin. Fedor/Lesnar.... mmmk. Lesnar/Carwin... FUCK YEAH! Carwin's a decorated wrestler who is a MUCH better striker than Lesnar AND he's about as big. The guy's never been out of the first round because he has cruise missles at the end of his wrists... 11-0, all in the first round.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 11:57 PM   #17
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

I like how it looks like Hendo kisses his glove before he gives the airborne hammer smash.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #18
z06boy
Letzroll

I'll take Fedor or Carwin over Lesner...could be wrong though.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:46 PM   #19
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

I think Josh Barnett could beat Lesnar today.

Hell, I would like to see Cheik Congo and Lesnar go at it. I would also like to see Cain Velasquez and Mir fight. Also Alistair Overeem against Fedor.

In my mind, guys like Lesnar and pig Sylvia are Super Heavyweights. If you have to cut weight to get to the 265 limit, you need a bigger class. There just aren't enough of them to make a halfway decent class.
defector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:51 PM   #20
Rembrant
Trailer Queen

Moto: 2009 Suzuki GSX-R 600

I think the best part of UFC 100 was during the Yoshihiro Akiyama Vs. Alan Belcher. Did you guys see it when Belcher fell backwards and did a ninja roll to get away from Akiyama. Man I was rolling when that happened.

The first ninja roll in the UFC. Then Belcher does another ninja move, the kick off the cage superman punch. The was a fun fight to watch.

All in all I enjoyed all the fights up the the Mir vs Lesner fight. Mir gave Brock a hard flying knee and hurt him and then lesner was allowed to rest ontop of Mir for a long time.

I'm not trying to stir a hornets nest but if a fighter( lesner) can't better his position after awhile they should be reset.
Rembrant is offline   Reply With Quote