Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 02-04-2011, 10:09 PM   #51
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Lefty View Post
for me it's kinda always been about the people... I enjoy riding with a few of you a lot... but the conversations and interactions at the stops was the biggest draw for me...

that and Rae's "leather butted, elfish, macarena" at speed
I like the riding but to meet people that I only know from a screen is cool, one of the best days from the 09 rally was the day we went to helen. There was some awesome riding to get there, to get to the waterfall and back, plus the activities we did were pretty cool, go karts, Helen itself, that crappy live band, and the waterfall hike that I think everyone agrees was about a mile too long in riding boots.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:36 PM   #52
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I like the riding but to meet people that I only know from a screen is cool, one of the best days from the 09 rally was the day we went to helen. There was some awesome riding to get there, to get to the waterfall and back, plus the activities we did were pretty cool, go karts, Helen itself, that crappy live band, and the waterfall hike that I think everyone agrees was about a mile too long in riding boots.
That's the type of stuff I want to line up this time. Riding a decent ride to somewhere we can do crazy shit like go kart racing as a group.

Tigger, I don't just want to sit at a pool and drink, I agree that gets boring after awhile. We will find fun shit to do plus riding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:48 PM   #53
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That's the type of stuff I want to line up this time. Riding a decent ride to somewhere we can do crazy shit like go kart racing as a group.

Tigger, I don't just want to sit at a pool and drink, I agree that gets boring after awhile. We will find fun shit to do plus riding.
Cool! I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just saying the money and TIME involved with hauling bikes could be spent on plane tickets. I don't mind all the drinking but if you eliminate riding that doesn't leave much else. I agree with Derf the go karts were by far the high light in '09, my idea btw.... I actually consider some of you as friends and look forward to seeing you. Sad as this sounds, I actually have more interaction with you all than "real people" most days.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:54 PM   #54
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

I understand what you're saying Tig... but what I meant was riding isn't the focus for me... it breaks the boredom (when it hits) but the focus for me is bsing with you retards...

I like the ride to and from.. but as our types of riding are usually different especially now... the rides during the rally aren't the draw... ya know?

now if we did a sort of week long traveling rally... ie we all meet at say Suches and spend a week riding/camping or hoteling/riding... that would be different.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #55
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
now if we did a sort of week long traveling rally... ie we all meet at say Suches and spend a week riding/camping or hoteling/riding... that would be different.
I'm sorta planning that to get to this rally, between the mudrun the weekend before, want to do some camping for 3-4 nights on my way up to WV for the rally the weekend after
Old 02-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #56
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

I think the highlight of 2011 is going to be the warrior dash for me...

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #57
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
I understand what you're saying Tig... but what I meant was riding isn't the focus for me... it breaks the boredom (when it hits) but the focus for me is bsing with you retards...

I like the ride to and from.. but as our types of riding are usually different especially now... the rides during the rally aren't the draw... ya know?

Doing something like what me/derf/kyle did would be a blast. With a lot of people. Traveling with friends is awesome. Wish I liked sleeping in a tent, that's the only part of camping I hate, I just can't sleep in a tent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
Not if you go on the x-country trip. It's going to be fuckin awesome. Are you planning on doing the central rally if you do the trip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:48 PM   #58
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I'm sorta planning that to get to this rally, between the mudrun the weekend before, want to do some camping for 3-4 nights on my way up to WV for the rally the weekend after
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
Quote:
Doing something like what me/derf/kyle did would be a blast. With a lot of people. Traveling with friends is awesome. Wish I liked sleeping in a tent, that's the only part of camping I hate, I just can't sleep in a tent.

Not if you go on the x-country trip. It's going to be fuckin awesome. Are you planning on doing the central rally if you do the trip?
yeah I'm thinking I'm gonna turn it into another annual ebbs rally pilgrimage... hopefully I'll have a new steed... just need something a bit more LONG trip friendly...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:23 AM   #59
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Has it really been 4 years since I made a rally? Damn time flies. See you fuckers in sept
ontwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:53 AM   #60
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
Has it really been 4 years since I made a rally? Damn time flies. See you fuckers in sept
Last time I saw u I had a pyscho on her good days lol

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote