Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 07-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #11
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Ok other than the sound, my first question is why? She will prolly wind up getting a new bike in a year or two, plus its a 250! Its a 250 damnit!
Old 07-06-2009, 12:51 PM   #12
cuttle
now available w/o fish

Moto: DR650, Morini, 1/2 M900ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
Ok other than the sound, my first question is why? She will prolly wind up getting a new bike in a year or two, plus its a 250! Its a 250 damnit!

that's what I thought too: WHY???

- R. K. Milholland
cuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 01:59 PM   #13
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
why not?
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:48 PM   #14
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
why not?
Yep this is going to be another of those threads! In a way I agree that it's a waste of money but on the other hand, if she can get a full exhaust for $400... Hey, I have to agree the bike sounds like a sewing machine now and it's her money so why not? I have no room to talk, I've had 5 different frame sliders on my bike. I just put a new H.I.D. light system on it and I have a new body kit on the way that looks almost exactly the same as the old one. I have 12 helmets sitting in my living room and 10 jackets in the closet sharing company with 5 sets of riding boots. I guess that if it makes her happy, it's worth it.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #15
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Yep this is going to be another of those threads! In a way I agree that it's a waste of money but on the other hand, if she can get a full exhaust for $400... Hey, I have to agree the bike sounds like a sewing machine now and it's her money so why not? I have no room to talk, I've had 5 different frame sliders on my bike. I just put a new H.I.D. light system on it and I have a new body kit on the way that looks almost exactly the same as the old one. I have 12 helmets sitting in my living room and 10 jackets in the closet sharing company with 5 sets of riding boots. I guess that if it makes her happy, it's worth it.
Baller !!!
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 06:25 PM   #16
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

I'm with the Why not Crew...

Who gives a fuck...Besides, Loud bikes Save lives.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #17
derf
token jewboy

Naw I'm all for adding an exhaust for whatever the reason, but at the end of the day chances are the bike is gonna be traded or sold within a year once she gets the feel of it and wants to upgrade, or she puts it down, in which case you may want to put the new exhaust on when the old one is all mangled.

Just try and tell her to hold off on it till next spring when she has a better feel of the bike and some experience.

Oh yeh, and its still a 250!
Old 07-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #18
derf
token jewboy

And back to the original post with the busa can, it kinda reminds me of a butter knife
Old 07-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #19
HRCNICK11
Canyon Carver

Dude baby ninjas with pipes are loud like a v-twin type loud. I kind of like the look of that pipe if it was on a bike with shape angled baby work like a VFR or the old apes sport touring bike. But I have trouble thinking of another bike it would look nice on. It looks like crap o the rounded Busa.

I like the swiss cheese brake arm. If there is one thing you should not drill a bunch of holes in, it be the brake arm on a bike as fast as a Busa!
HRCNICK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #20
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRCNICK11 View Post
Dude baby ninjas with pipes are loud like a v-twin type loud. I kind of like the look of that pipe if it was on a bike with shape angled baby work like a VFR or the old apes sport touring bike. But I have trouble thinking of another bike it would look nice on. It looks like crap o the rounded Busa.

I like the swiss cheese brake arm. If there is one thing you should not drill a bunch of holes in, it be the brake arm on a bike as fast as a Busa!
I know right? Wow you're really going to feel that .003 grams you saved there buddy! Oh and I have to admit the 250 does sound cool with an exhaust!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote