Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 01-17-2011, 07:08 PM   #21
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
"Probably"? I linked 3 X-11s for around $300...
yeah I am thinking about one of those, I may go for a real cheaper model because I don't know how much this one is going to get used. I have my X-11 for fiddy racing, DS Hornet for normal use. This one will probably just be a high speed helmet that gets very light use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:10 PM   #22
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
yeah I am thinking about one of those, I may go for a real cheaper model because I don't know how much this one is going to get used. I have my X-11 for fiddy racing, DS Hornet for normal use. This one will probably just be a high speed helmet that gets very light use.
Any interest in a modular? HJC for $65...

http://www.motorcyclegear.com/street...le_helmet.html
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:14 PM   #23
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I am not a mod fan, but that's a pretty good deal. I need to get my ass to cycle gear and try some lids on and see what I like.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:20 PM   #24
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

I disagree about the Shark fitting similar to Shoei. Most Shoeis are "intermediate oval" while most Sharks are pretty round. What this means is that Shoei gives you more room front-to-back than Shark does. I can't pull a Shark on past my nose, but I fit an X11.

Most Sharks fit like the old Arai Quantum .........Good for Chinese and other people with wide, round faces, but not good for most Europeans because their heads are usually longer front-to-back than they are side to side. Now they do make 1 or 2 models (the S-800 or something?) that have an oval fit, but all of their high-end helmets like the RSR are pretty round. Pissed me off because I like their paint jobs and visors.

Last edited by Homeslice; 01-19-2011 at 02:33 PM..
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 02:29 PM   #25
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
I disagree about the Shark fitting similar to Shoei. Most Shoeis are "intermediate oval" while most Sharks are pretty round. What this means is that Shoei gives you more room front-to-back than Shark does. I can't pull a Shark on past my nose, but I fit an X11.

Most Sharks fit like the old Arai Quantum .........Good for Chinese and other people with wide, round faces, but not good for most Europeans because their heads are usually longer front-to-back than they are side to side.
The discontinued shark rsx was very similar to the x11. I don't think any of the new lines fit similar. I haven't tried any of the new ones though.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
The discontinued shark rsx was very similar to the x11. I don't think any of the new lines fit similar. I haven't tried any of the new ones though.
Is this guy really debating the helmet king? Shark, like Arai makes several helmet models and each model has a designated head shape. BUT the new range has relaxed that a bit and Shark's high end lids are now more intermediate, so you may be able to get into a Race R Pro. There are also the newer old models which included the RSF3, RSF2i, S650, etc.

Old-old models;

RSR2-round

RSX-oval

RSI-intermediate oval

S-500-low end/intermediate

New Models

http://www.shark-helmets.com/

The Vison R and the Race R pro both look interesting....
Old 01-19-2011, 08:05 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I am not a mod fan, but that's a pretty good deal. I need to get my ass to cycle gear and try some lids on and see what I like.
Do that, quite frankly, you may fall in love with the old HJC FS-15, it is supposedly VERY light and it's on clearance everywhere...if you're looking for a "cheap" lid for occasional use.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:50 PM   #28
Trip
Hold mah beer!

I went tried on some lids tonight. Cycle gear really had a poor selection. It turned more into a harley/dirt store since the last time I have been there. Poor selection of helmets.

All they had was a few shoeis and then some crap in store brand. They had the shoei and shark modulars, sad that modulars were the only helmet I was interested in, in that shithole.

I tried on the evoline 2 ST. I am not a fan of the modular system, but I like how it had speaker compartments built in. I need to find a helmet with that, much better than cutting up the foam.
Quote:
Old 01-29-2011, 02:21 AM   #29
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I went tried on some lids tonight. Cycle gear really had a poor selection. It turned more into a harley/dirt store since the last time I have been there. Poor selection of helmets.

All they had was a few shoeis and then some crap in store brand. They had the shoei and shark modulars, sad that modulars were the only helmet I was interested in, in that shithole.

I tried on the evoline 2 ST. I am not a fan of the modular system, but I like how it had speaker compartments built in. I need to find a helmet with that, much better than cutting up the foam.
Bell Star has speaker ports.