Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 06-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #31
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Moto: KZ750

Be safe! Rubber side down, and keep the speeding tickets to a minimum!!
Fleck750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 11:18 AM   #32
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Well, we are leaving tonight at midnight. Did a thorough pre-ride check on the bike last night. got an inverter fitted up under the seat and the chatterbox hardwired to that for power. Everything is 95% ready to go.
Good luck! I'll look forward to your rants on the Chatterbox and how useless it was!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:48 PM   #33
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Good luck! I'll look forward to your rants on the Chatterbox and how useless it was!
lol its just borrowed so i'm not out anything if i don't like it.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 03:30 PM   #34
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Good luck, holmes. Fight the good fight.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 04:20 PM   #35
t-homo
WSB Champion

I'll try to. I'll post up here after I get back. Maybe after I pass out for 18 hours though.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:44 AM   #36
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Get out of bed! You've been home almost 12 hours!!!

Where's the pictures!!!

Glad you made it home safe and sound, hope your butt is in one piece.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:52 PM   #37
t-homo
WSB Champion

We left at midnight and got to Birmingham at around 9:30 AM. Turned around, took our time, and hit 1000 miles at 9:17 PM. Got home 70 miles later at 10:30 PM exactly.

The three of us had a great ride. I was on my R1, and the other two guys were on a 1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200 and a Connie 14. My ass and back would hurt for about 10 minutes every time we took off from gas stops. My clutch hand is still tired, but other than that I am good.

I think we averaged about 20 minutes at each gas stop. Got off of the bikes, smoke, hang out for a bit. Stopped and got free starbucks just outside of Memphis (a little over halfway there). In B-ham, we decided not to go to the Museum since we would only have a couple hours. We went to the Ducati, BMW, Triumph dealership for about 30 minutes and then ate at McDonalds on the way out of town.

The R1 did well, and we had it set up well for the long trip. Chatterbox's worked well, Tracy. Not well enough to hold a conversation or anything, but enough to point things out and communicate between bikes. Couldn't beat em for the music though. I had sirius radio hooked up to the bike which fucking rocked. We hooked up a three-output car cigarette lighter power thing in my trunk and plugged an inverter into one, which continuously charged the chatterbox and the sirius radio into the other one. I had a little handheld GPS that I just used for speed. I forgot to turn it on till we were leaving Birmingham, but when we got to Memphis, our moving average was 81, and when we got to the other side, it was still 73.

Biggest rant about the ride was traffic in Memphis. My friend got pushed off of the road onto the shoulder by the concrete median by some car who wanted over. I got brake checked twice. Fuck memphis.

We consider it a success. We all made it back and stayed together, didn't get tickets and didn't have any accidents. The tickets one is surprising since we ran hard the whole entire time.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #38
Fleck750
Spiker bike

Yep, never lost anything in Memphis. And they can keep Elvis.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #39
t-homo
WSB Champion

On another note: We are already in the planning phase of another one. 1561 miles from here to Las Vegas.

Tentative plans:
Day 1:
Leave at midnight. Head through Kansas on I-70 (straight shot to denver. most boring road in the world) and then cut down to vegas at denver. Arrive a little before midnight. Iron Butt complete.

Day 2:
Sleep till whenever we feel like waking up. Get an In-N-Out burger. Spend the day hanging out with people.

Day 3: Leave at midnight and head back via I-40. Maybe stop halfway through and just make 2 700 mile days out of the trip back, or a 1000 day and then a 400, who knows.

Last edited by t-homo; 06-07-2009 at 11:10 PM..
Old 06-08-2009, 12:37 AM   #40
zed
yellow don't corner well

Moto: 06 ZX10R

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
On another note: We are already in the planning phase of another one. 1561 miles from here to Las Vegas.

Tentative plans:
Day 1:
Leave at midnight. Head through Kansas on I-70 (straight shot to denver. most boring road in the world) and then cut down to vegas at denver. Arrive a little before midnight. Iron Butt complete.

Day 2:
Sleep till whenever we feel like waking up. Get an In-N-Out burger. Spend the day hanging out with people.

Day 3: Leave at midnight and head back via I-40. Maybe stop halfway through and just make 2 700 mile days out of the trip back, or a 1000 day and then a 400, who knows.
you're crazy
zed is offline   Reply With Quote