Old 06-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #42
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
you're crazy
Maybe.

However, t-rock just learned a very important lesson. The country just got a whole lot smaller. I tell people all the time there's no place in the US I can't be in 2 days if I want to. It's a nice feeling knowing that.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:36 AM   #43
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Maybe.

However, t-rock just learned a very important lesson. The country just got a whole lot smaller. I tell people all the time there's no place in the US I can't be in 2 days if I want to. It's a nice feeling knowing that.
try living on the east coast and saying that no way in hell would i try one of those CC50 runs

Although your rather long day trips has motivated me to do the same. I am toying around with a trip to main to hit a brewpub for lunch and bring some refreshments back home with me

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 11:29 AM   #44
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
Maybe.

Very true. We were looking last night, as Vermont and Maine were the only two states in the continental US my friend hasn't been to on a bike, and Maine is only 23.5 hours from us. It'd take a little longer for Washington, but 90% of the US. is within a day of me. We talked about taking that train from KC to Cali with the bikes, riding across the US, then coordinating with one of the guy's friends who is a trucker about shipping the bikes back and we'd just fly.

Hell, LA to jacksonville is just under 2500 miles. Not impossible. Not easy, but not impossible.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #45
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

when you start thinking about trips in thousands of miles, you are offically a bike nut

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:33 PM   #46
t-homo
WSB Champion

You speak from experience. We are hoping to do a trip up to maine this fall or next spring if you want to join.
Old 06-08-2009, 02:12 PM   #47
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Congrats! I'd love to do something this adventurous but am not too sure about what I'd be like on my own.
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:00 PM   #48
t-homo
WSB Champion

I'd much rather do it with one 2 two people with the same riding style. More than that would be too many and probably result in a power struggle. I don't have the motivation to do it on my own and would probably cut my days short and make the trip last twice as long.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:06 PM   #49
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
I'd much rather do it with one 2 two people with the same riding style. More than that would be too many and probably result in a power struggle. I don't have the motivation to do it on my own and would probably cut my days short and make the trip last twice as long.
Ya it's something I'd love to do with only one other person...or possibly two. Anymore than that and it would get annoying (as I found out on my Gap trip).

The right combination would make for an excellent road trip!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #50
t-homo
WSB Champion

I'd love to do a trip and hit a lot of states and have a lot of forum members do short jaunts of it with me. I think that would be an absolute blast.