Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 03-14-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
KSGregman
Get Fit...or Get OUT

Moto: 07 M109-R

I've read accounts of Japanese Zero pilots who claimed that their planes felt like extensions of their bodies....that they and the plane became one in dog fights....and I felt that way on my GSX-R750....not all the time as a lot of the performance curve of the machine was above my skill/confidence level...but when it was "right", it felt like zen....not riding anymore....but almost like flying...at one and in rhythm with the bike.
KSGregman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #22
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Its like you guys were just sitting, salivating over this thread, waiting for me to ask what a CCT was.

I can not detect any rattle whatsoever from the motor. I had a loose cam chain in my ZX6D so I'm familiar with that sound.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #23
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Its like you guys were just sitting, salivating over this thread, waiting for me to ask what a CCT was.

A lot like when someone buys a BMW and then asks what's the deal with the final drive failure
Old 03-14-2011, 01:30 PM   #24
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post

A lot like when someone buys a BMW and then asks what's the deal with the final drive failure

Memories of forums past

On ZX-11 board -
New guy on forum: "Hey guys, just bought a ZX-11. whats the deal with the 3rd rod?"

On any fireblade board -
New guy on forum: "Hey guys, so whats the deal with charging problems..."
OTHER New guy on forum: "Hey guys, so whats the deal with oil consumption on these bikes...I'm burning a qt every 20 miles"

On any older Kawi board -
New guy on forum: "Is the top end supposed to be this loud?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:33 PM   #25
CasterTroy

Doncha LOVE that shit?

Seems like no matter HOW much I research something beforehand, the "known issues" never seem to come to light (for me) until I've bought the damn thing
Old 03-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #26
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I kept it under a line and got in first

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #27
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

I loved my sportbikes when I had them. But, honestly, I just got bored. The roads out here suck (mostly straight). I can only take so much "go fast in a straight line" until I get sick of it. I'm happier on my DS.
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #28
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I loved my sportbikes when I had them. But, honestly, I just got bored. The roads out here suck (mostly straight). I can only take so much "go fast in a straight line" until I get sick of it. I'm happier on my DS.
That's okay, I'm keeping your boots nice and broken in

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:24 PM   #29
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
To be fair..those aren't even in the same category as a supersport bike. And having owned both of those I can say with authority, NEITHER are anything CLOSE to the performance of a supersport 600.

My BIL owned an F4i while I had my TLR, and we rode them at the track...that's him in the background while I chased down a duck

The F4i "FELT" 200 pounds lighter than the TLR. Was slimmer and had a MUCH better feel on the track.

On the ROAD the TLR and busa rode better because of their weight, but that 600 was a KNIFE on the track. Even after spending all the money I DID on my TLR, I had to work 3 times as hard to get that TLR around the track at the same pace I could that F4i
And having owned an R1 & GSXR 750 I now realize what a totally different world a TRUE sportbike is.
And like Trip said…..the same surprise overwhelmed me when I rode a TRUE supermoto bike!

OH...BTW...GREAT buy man!
Didn't Tracy used to have that Duc 748 he rebuilt too though? That may have given him a somewhat similar experience to a 600.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #30
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Didn't Tracy used to have that Duc 748 he rebuilt too though? That may have given him a somewhat similar experience to a 600.
Yes he did.

And they're a whole different animal to try and tame