Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Dirt

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #1
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630
Default New Exhaust on the 630

This is the first time I have ever put a full system on a bike, and the most expensive mod I have ever done to a bike.

Leo Vince full Titanium system for the TE630. The exhaust is a work of art, and weighs in at 17.5 lbs lighter than the stock system.

With the 630 being discontinued, I thought I should grab up the system before the supply dries up.

Here's the stock system (duals):

Bill over at Bill's Motorcycles Plus modded up his son's TE630 in an effort to drop weight. He swapped out the wheels, the front end, and the exhaust for a homemade slipon consisting of an FMF slipon designed for a 2008 Suzuki RMZ450 quad. His son's bike weighs about 320 lbs full of fuel. He got the pipes on closeout and offered them up for sale at a very reasonable price. So, I bought one and put it on:

I installed the Leo system yesterday, and discovered that Husky decided to run the bike's wiring down the frame, right next to the exhaust headers. The outer insulation was melted and the inner insulation was burnt. So, I wrapped it up with some electrical heat shielding:

Here's the exhaust installed:

jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote