Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 04-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #111
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue View Post
WooT!!!! You have two weeks!

Mine's a little rusty although I managed to knock some off when I had to fix my rear tire. A few days later I went riding with an old friend and a couple of his friends (people I've never ridden with before). I noticed their bikes were all shiny and pretty, except for the chain and theirs looked worse than mine. My bike may be dirty but my chain stays clean for the most part. The damn humidity here makes it hard to keep the rust off of it but considering everyone else's chains I've seen....mine is one of the cleanest.
When I took it out for my first rides I realy cleaned the chain, bike was under a cover in the carport all winter got most of the rust off then last night i gave it a good look and it looks more like the grease comming out of the o-rings so I wanted to replace it sooner as opposed to later. Only thing was this was an easy week for me so I had plenty of time to do it. Prolly wont get it untill early next week so I will squeeze it in when I can. I did finish the base for my no mar so now I can be a tire changing fool

And wtf happened to tire prices I see pilot powers are like 50 bucks a set more than last year

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #112
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

rogue, you should use your size to your advantage. Give em a scrotum punch at the rally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #113
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
When I took it out for my first rides I realy cleaned the chain, bike was under a cover in the carport all winter got most of the rust off then last night i gave it a good look and it looks more like the grease comming out of the o-rings so I wanted to replace it sooner as opposed to later. Only thing was this was an easy week for me so I had plenty of time to do it. Prolly wont get it untill early next week so I will squeeze it in when I can. I did finish the base for my no mar so now I can be a tire changing fool

And wtf happened to tire prices I see pilot powers are like 50 bucks a set more than last year

Tom
Mine sits under a carport now too. I don't cover her because I learned a lesson with covering and humidity. It traps the moisture under the cover and causes the chain and other things to rust more quickly. I've noticed since I stopped covering her up, the chain especially seems to fair better.

As far as tire prices, I have no clue. Even the Road Attacks I purchased in January have gone up about $50 a set the last few months.

What's a no mar? And is anyone bringing some sort of air compressor/pump to the rally for just in case?

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #114
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
rogue, you should use your size to your advantage. Give em a scrotum punch at the rally.

Guys (and girls) are lucky I'm not so evil. I've never intentionally nailed a guy in the crotch. I'm already a dirty fighter, but I just can't lower myself to that level.

True story: When I was about 16, my younger brother nailed me perfectly and dropped me to the floor. I couldn't breathe, my eyes teared up from the pain and all I could do was just lay there holding my crotch and gasping for breath. Now granted females aren't as sensitive as males, but after that experience I vowed I'd never ententionally low blow another human, except as a last resort in instances where it would be needed (rape, etc).

I've been told I'm a fool for being that way, but there's some sort of honor and dignity about fighting and not using such female tactics (including scratching and hair pulling, which I'm not prone to do either).

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 04-22-2009, 03:31 PM   #115
tommymac
Moto GP Star

first off if rogue punches me in the nuts I wont let her play with my hair

I may have air in a tire repair kit in those co2 bottles just in case.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #116
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
For her that would be considered a head butt
Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #117
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Rogue may have an open back seat but Rogue doesn't ride anyone pillion because Rogue can't touch the ground! The only way I'd consider riding someone 2up on my bike is if they can touch the ground from the back seat!

However, I will allow some people to ride my bike, with me riding 2up....with the stipulation, you crash you buy.

You laugh, but several of us could do that!
Quote:
WooT!!!! You have two weeks!

Mine's a little rusty although I managed to knock some off when I had to fix my rear tire. A few days later I went riding with an old friend and a couple of his friends (people I've never ridden with before). I noticed their bikes were all shiny and pretty, except for the chain and theirs looked worse than mine. My bike may be dirty but my chain stays clean for the most part. The damn humidity here makes it hard to keep the rust off of it but considering everyone else's chains I've seen....mine is one of the cleanest.
Maxima Chain Wax. All the difference in the world. I've ridden in some nasty rain and not been able to clean my chain for days. No rust at all.

I try to keep my bike pretty- just don't look too close. It gets ridden every day that's halfway decent. At three years, it's starting to show a little age. Nothing like laugh lines to make a sexy woman though.
Old 04-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #118
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
You laugh, but several of us could do that!

Maxima Chain Wax. All the difference in the world. I've ridden in some nasty rain and not been able to clean my chain for days. No rust at all.

I try to keep my bike pretty- just don't look too close. It gets ridden every day that's halfway decent. At three years, it's starting to show a little age. Nothing like laugh lines to make a sexy woman though.
I know there's a few guys that can do that. Nothing looks funnier than to see 2 people riding on a bike and the one on the BACK is the one that puts their feet down at stops! One of my old riding friends rode one of his friends 2up and they did that. Of course, almost everytime he took off or changed gears the front tire floated.

I use Maxima Chain Wax most times. I have another...Belray I think....but I mainly use the Maxima. I clean and wax my chain about once a week, depending upon how much I ride. It still has a little bit of rust on it I can't seem to knock off though.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 04-23-2009, 04:16 AM   #119
Riceaholic
High Life Drinker

Moto: 01 GSXR 1000 - Yamaha Zuma 125

Quote:
Mine sits under a carport now too. I don't cover her because I learned a lesson with covering and humidity. It traps the moisture under the cover and causes the chain and other things to rust more quickly. I've noticed since I stopped covering her up, the chain especially seems to fair better.

As far as tire prices, I have no clue. Even the Road Attacks I purchased in January have gone up about $50 a set the last few months.

What's a no mar? And is anyone bringing some sort of air compressor/pump to the rally for just in case?
I'll bring my air tank...
Riceaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:48 AM   #120
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riceaholic View Post
I'll bring my air tank...
...as in SCUBA? That would be hilarious- have to mount a snorkel and goggles over your helmet