Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-15-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300
Default Gas stops, stories and bench racing....

Ok, we all have to stop for gas, a snickers bar, and some of you have to have those energy drinks. Usually there's another biker or two there so you all end up talking for awhile. What funny stories or encounters have you experienced during these moments?

Ya know something like the GSXR guy putting NOS in his tank.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 10:14 PM   #2
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Nothing really out there, just one time I was heading in the same direction as this other dude, and after we realized we were going the same direction he said that he had ridden since buffallo and hadnt seen another bike, he asked if he could just ride with me for a few hours. Still friends to this day
Old 10-15-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
tached1000rr
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2009 GSXR 1300

A few Saturdays ago my friend Steve and I stopped at this station, there were 2
Harleys, a Connie 14 and a ST 1300, the Harley guys did not talk to any of us.

The guy riding the 14 was in his 60's and the guy on the ST1300 was stranded, damndest thing I ever seen, he and his buddy were headed up to ride the Blue Ridge Parkway and planned to camp up there for the weekend, they pulled into this station to take a break and gas up. When they went to leave his key would not go into the ignition, finally able to get key in but it no-worky, so his friend heads back home to get the truck and trailer which is going to be a 3 hour round trip. You can plan for a lot of shit but damn the key not working? That's some fucking luck and his bike was fairly new an 06 I think, we sat there with him and told all of our bike stories it was pretty cool.
tached1000rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 PM   #4
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Met an old guy once at Shady Valley, he was probably close to 80..and was riding a R1!! had almost 100k miles on it, covered with stickers from places he'd been, said since his wife passed he'd just been riding, i asked why he didnt ride something other than a sportbike, but he was kinda hunched over and said he just "fit" on a sportbike...thought that was kinda funny

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:01 PM   #5
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamerhaw View Post
Met an old guy once at Shady Valley, he was probably close to 80..and was riding a R1!! had almost 100k miles on it, covered with stickers from places he'd been, said since his wife passed he'd just been riding, i asked why he didnt ride something other than a sportbike, but he was kinda hunched over and said he just "fit" on a sportbike...thought that was kinda funny
Good story.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #6
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

I ran into a guy on a BMW GS (IIRC it was a 1200) at a gas station less than 5 miles from my house that had just hit the 200,000 mile mark.

He had some pretty cool stories.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #7
Rider
Moto GP Star

No stories worth remembering. Maybe that's because MOST people that I meet aren't worth remembering?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #8
HokieDNA01
WERA White Plate

Moto: 2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750

I was about 100 miles into my 550mile trip to Virginia tech the weekend after the shooting (needed to get away and see the campus). I had a bolt come loose on my Ninja250's shifter and the shifter was about to fall off. Got her pulled over into a waffle house parking lot and met a rough looking older homeless man there. He said he really liked my "bike" and he was traveling by "bike" too. His was a rusty beaten up bicycle with a banana seat. It was packed up with everything he owned and then some, complete with a flashlight tied up as a headlight.

He asked what was wrong as I began to dig under my seat for an allen wrench. I told him I had a bolt loose and he stared to dig all over his bike for tools to help me out. I found the tool I needed in my kit and told him thanks but I got it. He never asked me for a penny. I later met him inside sitting by himself with a glass of water. I asked if I could sit down and buy him a cup of coffee and a chili. He told me he had already had his one meal for the day but after some insisting he agreed. Come to find out he was riding his bicycle from Memphis to somewhere in NC cause he had heard there was some construction jobs out that way. He had been sleeping in a tent along the way and now couldn't continue at night because he flashlight/headlight had burnt out. After talkin for about an hour I told him I would be on my way. He wished me a safe trip and thanks for the meal. I walked across the street to the gas station and picked him up a set of D batteries for his light. Left them on his bike's seat and was on my way.

Between the VT shooting a few days earlier, and meeting this kind homeless man, I realized how much I take/took for granted in life. Life could be taken from you at any point or you could be struggling for your next meal. I'm glad I met that man and I hope he found what he was looking for at his destination.

2014 Honda NC700X
2007 Suzuki GSX-r 750
2000 Yamaha XT225
2004 Kawasaki EX250 (sold)

Last edited by HokieDNA01; 10-19-2009 at 02:45 PM..
HokieDNA01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
shmike
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieDNA01 View Post
I was about 100 miles into my 550mile trip to Virginia tech the weekend after the shooting (needed to get away and see the campus). I had a bolt come loose on my Ninja250's shifter and the shifter was about to fall off. Got her pulled over into a waffle house parking lot and met a rough looking older homeless man there. He said he really liked my "bike" and he was traveling by "bike" too. His was a rusty beaten up bicycle with a banana seat. It was packed up with everything he owned and then some, complete with a flashlight tied up as a headlight.

He asked what was wrong as I began to dig under my seat for an allen wrench. I told him I had a bolt loose and he stared to dig all over his bike for tools to help me out. I found the tool I needed in my kit and told him thanks but I got it. He never asked me for a penny. I later met him inside sitting by himself with a glass of water. I asked if I could sit down and buy him a cup of coffee and a chili. He told me he had already had his one meal for the day but after some insisting he agreed. Come to find out he was riding his bicycle from Memphis to somewhere in NC cause he had heard there was some construction jobs out that way. He had been sleeping in a tent along the way and now couldn't continue at night because he flashlight/headlight had burnt out. After talkin for about an hour I told him I would be on my way. He wished me a safe trip and thanks for the meal. I walked across the street to the gas station and picked him up a set of D batteries for his light. Left them on his bike's seat and was on my way.

Between the VT shooting a few days earlier, and meeting this kind homeless man, I realized how much I take/took for granted in life. Life could be taken from you at any point or you could be struggling for your next meal. I'm glad I met that man and I hope he found what he was looking for at his destination.

AWESOME story!
Old 10-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #10
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

been blessed on the bike and had a prayed said for osp and myself at a random stop off in TX I think it was

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote