Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-30-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09
Default great weekend for the dogs.

ok had to post as I am usually saying my dogs don't get socialized because we live in the sticks. they tend to be jumpy and hyper around people when they come around.
this weekend was very hot and the dogs wanted to go for a dip in the lake. yes they tell me that by sitting next to the truck and whining. LOL
anyways took them there and it was crowded. usually no people there just boaters who are in the boats and gone. this time people by the launch, and then a fella comes up with another dog. mine are usually good with other dogs but you never know. the guy has his dog off the leash and in the water before I can even think about taking mine out of the water to leave.
Lucy the boxer who is usually very hyper, was fantastic. I think she is finally catching on. the little poodle was pretty good. but Lucy swam with the other dog for almost an hour. (ok swam is a relative term, she only goes in up to her chest usually. this time the water almost got over her shoulders but she could still walk) every time they came out of the water people would come and pet her and pat her on the side. she loved it. and didn't jump once. the guy who owned the other dog was actually great. he had owned a boxer so when she came by him he reached right out to pet her before she could think about jumping. He had already asked if she was friendly.
the little one who used to love the water
unfortunately no pictures, i have enought to do watching two dogs, I'm not carrying the camera. LOL
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #2
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Sounds like a good time.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
lauralynne
667:Neighbor of the Beast

Moto: VTR1000, SV650, FZR400, CRF150

LOL - our boxers don't swim either - to get a stick out of the water they will wade - even up on their hind legs - but not swim a stroke. If they can't touch bottom, they consider the stick gone.

Married my best friend 8/30/09
lauralynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:59 AM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

My dog looks sorta irritated when he can touch the bottom. He prefers the wide open water.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
wildchild
cruiser

the other dog that was out there was incredible. I have never seen a dog go swimming just to swim. no fetching or any of that jazz, he just wanted to swim. literally swam underwater. went under the pier and out the other side. down to pick up things from the bottom of the water. just insane. guy said he would swim for hours.
fnny after following him around for an hour Lucy slept like a rock last night. her eyes were "sleepy" looking already on the way home. LOL
Old 08-30-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
wildchild
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralynne View Post
LOL - our boxers don't swim either - to get a stick out of the water they will wade - even up on their hind legs - but not swim a stroke. If they can't touch bottom, they consider the stick gone.
Lucy tries to splash at it to make it come back. One of these times I may go with just her and then swim out with her a little. See if that gets her out there. Probably won't.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:01 PM   #7
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

I've yet to get Lilly in the water... I should probably try that while it's still blazing hot.
(ie. before December)
Old 08-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #8
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
the other dog that was out there was incredible. I have never seen a dog go swimming just to swim. no fetching or any of that jazz, he just wanted to swim. literally swam underwater. went under the pier and out the other side. down to pick up things from the bottom of the water. just insane. guy said he would swim for hours.
fnny after following him around for an hour Lucy slept like a rock last night. her eyes were "sleepy" looking already on the way home. LOL
Probably a lab... You can't keep those damn dogs out of the water...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:54 PM   #9
wildchild
cruiser

yeah he was a golden.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote: