Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 12-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #11
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Yes. Now can you love me as much as I love you?
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #12
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerscott View Post
Yes. Now can you love me as much as I love you?
Maybe, but I don't like cats.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:19 PM   #13
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

I dont have a cat and it was $10 I spent.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #14
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Know if only I could find a tester to find out what this growth is on the tip of my dick.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:25 PM   #15
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
I dont have a cat and it was $10 I spent.
In other news I have a hole in lip from my tooth going into it because some kid smacked me with his ski pole on the lift today. I'm not going to the doctor either. It didn't pierce the outside skin so I figure it will heal.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:29 PM   #16
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Want me to use the poker tool thingy in my kit? How does salt water feel with that? I remember a looooong time ago when I was wee child. I was on the trampolene with my bro and his friend. His friend did one of those double bounces that caused him to fall down. He ended up biting through his tongue. A lot of blood.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #17
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Quote:
Want me to use the poker tool thingy in my kit? How does salt water feel with that? I remember a looooong time ago when I was wee child. I was on the trampolene with my bro and his friend. His friend did one of those double bounces that caused him to fall down. He ended up biting through his tongue. A lot of blood.
No blood for this for some reason. Food gets stuck in the hole some I'm avoiding eating right now.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:31 PM   #18
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Did your tester come with directions? If so, what does it say about fasting and for how long? I'd follow that first to get a more accurate reading.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:32 PM   #19
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

The soda ruined any chance for you to have a good read. Try again another day. your best bet is to try it every few hours until you get your "baseline" down. Have a normal meal tonight, dont do anything tommorrow, and dont eat or drink anything (except water) after 8pm tommorrow night. Take it when you go to bed, 4-8 hours after your last meal. Then again 1/2 an hour after you wake up, but before you eat anything. This is the easiest way to get the no food reading. Eat a normal breakfast, wait 1 hour take the test again, then right before you eat lunch, then an hour after lunch, same for dinner. Do the same routine the following day but test yourself 1/2 hour after you eat. That will give you a baseline to go by, and you can compare numbers for future reference.

Even though the simple sugars in soda pretty much go through your body in no time, if you don't have any simple sugars (soda, coffee with sugar, candy etc...) they will still linger in your body giving you abnormally higher levels for a few days.

124 isn't that bad, slightly high, but I bet it's because of the soda you drank. I bet that without soda your fasting sugar will be in the 110-115 range which is perfectly normal. At 124 that could be just your diet, cut out sugars, like soda, and it will drop super quick.

I test every tuesday morning and I generally see numbers in the 95-110 range depending on what I ate the few days prior. I have also seen numbers as high as 142, which triggered a quick trip and stay in the hospital over night (after which my sugar was back down in the "normal" range).

Like I said 124 isn't bad, just watch what you eat, keep a log of what you eat and your sugar levels if you are really that scared.

***Disclaimer***

Go see a doc and get them to evaluate you. Those home testers are OK, but the cheaper ones can be off 5-10 if they are not calibrated correctly. $70 is pretty cheap for a testing unit. My cheap one cost me $350.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #20
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

My gramps had diabetes for over 30 years (R.I.P. gramps) and I watched him live with it, the good and bad.

It's not just the constant peeing. I have poor vision, poor blood flow in my hands and feet, I get tired/weird feeling when I don't eat, etc etc.

Hell it could just be my high matabolism. I eat what ever and I do not gain weight. When I was little (haha still am) I could go a good time period without food, but now I have to eat. I may not eat 3 meals a day but I can make up for it and then some days I don't eat hardly at all. Stomach doesnt like that the next morning. Could just be my body processes solids/liquids quickly. I've always have gone No.1 a lot for as long as I can remember (not counting the sugar high peeing) and sometimes I do Numero Dos more than once a day.

On with some good news. My dad doesnt have M.S. Misdiagnoses suck.

Last edited by Rangerscott; 12-29-2010 at 11:45 PM..