Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 02-26-2009, 02:30 PM   #11
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
The graces of God don't help when the nurses have to scrub the asphalt out of your wounds.

I'm all for everyone wearing what they feel is appropriate gear. Sometimes I squid it, so I don't preach.

However, I think it is a poor business decision to advertise yourself as a reckless fool with bad form.
Having had the "pleasure" of holding someone's hand while the asphalt was being scrubbed out of their wounds, sans any pain medication, and then getting to care for their wounds which got infected anyway, I'm pretty sure God and her grace have little or nothing to do with the bad choices we make.
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:34 PM   #12
Rider
Moto GP Star

That's guy is high as a fucking kite if he thinks he can get his listed price for ANY of those used bikes.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #13
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I dont think its as uncommon as you may think...i know a local place here in town and while they sell gear, Ive never heard or seen them promote it in the least and most of their employees go gearless...
Same here. The local Zuk stealership doesn't offer much in the way of protection aside from helmets. And they're always pushing to sell the bigger bikes, especially to those who've never ridden. Bah.

Even the local HD store...which doesn't sell Buell BTW... doesn't offer anymore in their store than a few helmets and some HD gear like leather jackets and boots.

And their employees? Gearless....

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #14
Ducati Diva
just learning

Moto: 1996 M900

All I have to do is look at some of the pics in my files from accident scenes I have had to work to know I will always wear gear!!!! Maybe I should send him the one of the "faceless guy" poor fellow didn't even have any eyelids left. He didn't die and 30 some surgeries and two years later he still is in pain.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:19 PM   #15
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Hahahahahhaaahaha. I think Harley even shows their guys in leather jackets and atleast a 3/4 helmet. Granted, their leather jackets are as thin as a pube hair but still looks like they are attempting to gear up.

I've heard dealers say some dumb shit. Buddy of mine was looking for his first bike. We go into a Yamaha dealer wanting to look into the FZ6. He talked to the sales guy and he then made a joke about the R1 and the guy says "You'd be fine on it. Just be easy on the throttle".

I also knew one kid who went to a dealership looking at an R6 for his first motorcycle. Not necesarrily a good first bike but the guy convinced him to get a R1 because he'd become bored with the power of a 600. He joined a forum after he got it and said "I think I fucked up" but was stuck with it cause he was upside down. From last I heard he has behaved himself on it and is doing okay.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:24 PM   #16
ZUKIMON
Is this thing on?

Moto: '01, 929RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasternyou929 View Post
My favorite is still the '05 Repsol. Only $16,500!
http://www.landlperformance.com/new_...80&pov=1028325

For that kind of money, you would have thought it would come with a chrome chain and grips.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:58 PM   #17
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Hahahahahhaaahaha. I think Harley even shows their guys in leather jackets and atleast a 3/4 helmet. Granted, their leather jackets are as thin as a pube hair but still looks like they are attempting to gear up.

I've heard dealers say some dumb shit. Buddy of mine was looking for his first bike. We go into a Yamaha dealer wanting to look into the FZ6. He talked to the sales guy and he then made a joke about the R1 and the guy says "You'd be fine on it. Just be easy on the throttle".

I also knew one kid who went to a dealership looking at an R6 for his first motorcycle. Not necesarrily a good first bike but the guy convinced him to get a R1 because he'd become bored with the power of a 600. He joined a forum after he got it and said "I think I fucked up" but was stuck with it cause he was upside down. From last I heard he has behaved himself on it and is doing okay.

Our Zuk dealership does that. There's this one douche who used to work there I gave hell over it because he sold a newbie rider, who'd never ridden in his life, a brand new '05 GSXR1000. The guy didn't have it a week before he killed himself on it. When I went to the dealership with my ex hubby to pick up some stuff for his bike, I asked Mr. Douche who sold the guy the bike. He kind of bowed his head and said he did. I asked him if his extra commission was worth the guy's life. A few more choice words were said (I sometimes can't keep my mouth shut). Mr. Douche quit there shortly after.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #18
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Thats some bullshit Rogue, but our local place does the same shit. "Dont get that measly 600, youll get bored, buy this REPSOL, it soooo much better!"

Knew one kid did that, wrecked within 3 weeks, rebuilt the bike, wrecked again shortly after, breaking his thigh bone and a few ribs and had to be lifeflighted...but he "knew" how to ride...

I'll never forget a salesman ridiculing me for not learning to wheelie my bike, he was all impressed his mom had bought one for him and he could wheelie within a few weeks, and gawd I was such a loser for not wanting to do the same. I just looked at him. I think he was trying to flirt. Epic fail. He wrecked too, then quit riding.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #19
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
Thats some bullshit Rogue, but our local place does the same shit. "Dont get that measly 600, youll get bored, buy this REPSOL, it soooo much better!"

Knew one kid did that, wrecked within 3 weeks, rebuilt the bike, wrecked again shortly after, breaking his thigh bone and a few ribs and had to be lifeflighted...but he "knew" how to ride...

I'll never forget a salesman ridiculing me for not learning to wheelie my bike, he was all impressed his mom had bought one for him and he could wheelie within a few weeks, and gawd I was such a loser for not wanting to do the same. I just looked at him. I think he was trying to flirt. Epic fail. He wrecked too, then quit riding.
Mr. Douche could ride. But what made him a douche was he rode like a complete ass. IMO, every aspect of riding has a time and a place. Doing wheelies at 90+mph down a 45mph busy street is not not the time and place for it. I love how he never mentions his wrecks (from stunting) he's had to his victims until he sells them a bike. Even more ironic is a couple of weeks before he sold the poor guy the 1000, he crashed a brand new 600 that wasn't even his. It was just sold and he was taking it for a test ride. Went too hot into a curve, hit some gravel and got nice road rash for his troubles as well as totaling a brand new bike. Come to think of it, that may have been why he quit. Between owing money on a bike he crashed out of carelessness that wasn't his and being somewhat of a cause to a person's death.....

I think your guy was flirting and trying to show out. I don't know about you, but that's the biggest turn off.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 02-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #20
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Hey girls...I can wheelie for ya if ya like. Mom got me this crap 600 but in a few weeks when I sell my Xbox I am trading it in for an R1. Did I mention I'm fast

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if your bored on a 600 your not doing it right!

Oh and if your waiting for salesman to grow a conscienceDifferent breed altogether.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote