Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-12-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic
Unhappy HOLY SHIT Mothernature punches us in the face

And this is how it ended...

The 800# 25' tall kids blow up jumpie ended up nearly crushing us and ended up 200 yards down/across the street along with 3 mangled pop up tents on top of us.

Read how below...

We were having a bday party in the back yard of the neighbors house when this storm came thru. Started out as just rain, got all the kids under the pop up tents, heavy rain, we're holding the pop up tents, wind, more wind, then this gust of wind at least 50mph blew the 800# 25' tall 20' wide blow up kid jumpie came straight for us. Deflects off the pop up tents while crushing them on top of us. The women are protecting the kids, the men are protecting the women. Now the pop up tents go flying and crushing on top of us... food flung in every direction while the wind blows the 8' confrence tables and chairs like they weighted nothing. INSTANT crazy!! Meanwhile the 800# blowup mows over 4 sections of 6' tall privacy fence like they were made of toothpicks, deflects off that and flys up 2 stories, takes out the siding ,chimney cap on the 2nd story of the house, and street sign; to settle against a street light pole 200 yards down and across the street. The 20' wide trampoline blows over the other 6' fence and ends up 40' in the neighbors yard. People are scattering and trying to pull the mangled pop up tents off the special ed kid stuck under the tents. All meanwhile during it's pouring like a white out, and sideways. Remember 50' winds with probably 10-20mph more in gusts.

Finally after ensuring that there is nobody stuck under the 800' blow up, counting all the kids inside the house, we make sure nobody is hurt, and sum up the damages. Most of the grown ups compile in the garage watchin in amusement of the whole event and in admire all of our soaking wet clothes.

The clean up consisted of lifting the twigs that use to be a privacy fence, cutting up the mangled pop up tens (3 of them), picking up all the food, dishes, tables and chairs are everywhere.

We are still in complete shock yet amusement. But very thankfull still that nobody got hurt. Now hang the pinyota and let's get back to the party.

After which I tend to my yard that has 3 sections of 6' privacy fence down, and 2 broken posts. Which took me a $80 trip to home depot and 3hrs to fix. Uma and I would like to thank my brother in law and Caveman for helping.

Caveman... "Oh that's right, right there, pull it out, OH YEAH BABY!!!"

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:03 AM   #2
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Pictures to follow... need to get neighbors back yard crazy pics he took along with the pics Uma took of us working in my backyard on the fence.

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-12-2010, 10:04 AM   #3
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Holy crap. Microburst?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:08 AM   #4
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Pussies. All of you.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yea...there's a new thing out called the "Weather Channel" it even has this new fangled "radar" whozits that supposedly tracks storms. I've even heard rumors that you can get it on a phone, of all things...you may want to consult it BEFORE your next outdoor party.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #6
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Goddamn dude, that's crazy!
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #7
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
Holy crap. Microburst?
Don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Pussies. All of you.
Coming from the biggest one I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
Yea...there's a new thing out called the "Weather Channel" it even has this new fangled "radar" whozits that supposedly tracks storms. I've even heard rumors that you can get it on a phone, of all things...you may want to consult it BEFORE your next outdoor party.
Yeah... well earlier in the day we already had one 20 min rain session. But that was it. This was still sunny, no dooming clouds coming in, looked like it would have been a quickie. it kinda was, but packed a big punch.

It was like one of those crazy vids you see on tv where like the bleachers collapse or something else nuts.

I am so thankfull we were under the pop up tents. I really believe they deflected the blow up and saved us from seriously getting injured!

Run Amsoil Product
Old 07-12-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Don't know...

Coming from the biggest one I know.

Yeah... well earlier in the day we already had one 20 min rain session. But that was it. This was still sunny, no dooming clouds coming in, looked like it would have been a quickie. it kinda was, but packed a big punch.

It was like one of those crazy vids you see on tv where like the bleachers collapse or something else nuts.

I am so thankfull we were under the pop up tents. I really believe they deflected the blow up and saved us from seriously getting injured!
Vagina. Pussy.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:20 AM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Vagina. Pussy.
They were running from a big balloon...

I'm sure that it was a horriffic scene worthy of Irwin Allen himself!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #10
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Where's the video camera when it's needed??!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote