Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 01-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #131
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudpuppy View Post
I agree and the top 16 should be given the same chance by having proper playoffs.. the BCS is a bunch of bullshit.. it's all about how many alumni you have making the decision who is number 1 and supposedly 6 commodore 64 machines that are unbiased blah blah fucking blah.. if they did a bracket you can be over rated, under rated, doesn't matter just make the top 16 and you can show the world what you are really rated - no bullshit, no stupid indecipherable biased corrupted made up system.. no debate about is the SEC the best or whatever - if they are then they will win it every year.. honestly i used to drink the kool aid that the SEC was over rated the B1G needs a chance but once the B1G was given a chance they have failed miserably and the SEC is a solid conference, period.. they definitely earned a lot of my respect.. not saying I like them and not saying I don't want to see the B1G smash them like the fuckeyes need to be smashed but they are a quality conference with some great teams.. i think this year the right team won # 1 overall.. not always the case every year with their fucked up system.. of course you can debate it to infinity but only way to solve it is a bracket system..

and SEC - we just got a new coach and like will ferrell on talledega nights - WE'RE COMING FOR YA, just came here to tell you that.. first mission is first game of 2012 and rolling over the tide and nick saban's hair piece..
Can't disagree with this...well other than the part about rolling over the tide with the new coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Guys on espn were saying the auburn D-line is what dictated a lot of things in that game. I love it when games are won and lost thanks to the big uglies up front
Yep...Auburn's line was more than up for the task for sure. When preparing for the game Auburn spent extra time on setting up quickly to match the hurry up offense of Oregon and during the game one of the players commented to the coach that the actual game seemed slower than what they had practiced and they weren't having much trouble with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Why couldn't you fucks take Miles away so we could get a decent coach? Bastards...

He's a winner but he sure can be goofy.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:28 AM   #132
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Yep...Auburn's line was more than up for the task for sure. When preparing for the game Auburn spent extra time on setting up quickly to match the hurry up offense of Oregon and during the game one of the players commented to the coach that the actual game seemed slower than what they had practiced and they weren't having much trouble with it.
It was slower than Oregon's normal game. There were several injuries that slowed things down and TV timeouts for a BCS champ game are a huge factor because there are a lot more than normal. They didn't think twice any chance they could get some commercials in. Oregon's games don't usually get shown or watched by a large fan base, so a decent defense won't have an issue keeping up if they are prepared to face it. Every time Auburn looked like they might be close to start getting tired, they got a break.

What should be scary to other teams is Auburn's D was one of the middle or bad defenses in the SEC this year. Their offense won most of their SEC games while the defense got lit up.

Last edited by Trip; 01-12-2011 at 11:30 AM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:32 AM   #133
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
It was slower than Oregon's normal game. There were several injuries that slowed things down and TV timeouts for a BCS champ game are a huge factor because there are a lot more than normal. They didn't think twice any chance they could get some commercials in. Oregon's games don't usually get shown or watched by a large fan base, so a decent defense won't have an issue keeping up if they are prepared to face it. Every time Auburn looked like they might be close to start getting tired, they got a break.
Well come to think of it...valid point...there were a ton of commercials.

When Oregon played UT earlier in the season...1st half...no problem but late in the 3rd and the whole 4th qtr....UT could have used a 30 minute sitcom time out...or two.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #134
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Well come to think of it...valid point...there were a ton of commercials.

When Oregon played UT earlier in the season...1st half...no problem but late in the 3rd and the whole 4th qtr....UT could have used a 30 minute sitcom time out...or two.
Well half of UT's team was true freshman, they weren't really conditioned for that at all. Wish they played again this year to see the difference a year makes for the underclassmen.
Old 01-12-2011, 11:55 AM   #135
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I agree and the top 16 should be given the same chance by having proper playoffs.. the BCS is a bunch of bullshit.. it's all about how many alumni you have making the decision who is number 1 and supposedly 6 commodore 64 machines that are unbiased blah blah fucking blah.. if they did a bracket you can be over rated, under rated, doesn't matter just make the top 16 and you can show the world what you are really rated - no bullshit, no stupid indecipherable biased corrupted made up system.. no debate about is the SEC the best or whatever - if they are then they will win it every year.. honestly i used to drink the kool aid that the SEC was over rated the B1G needs a chance but once the B1G was given a chance they have failed miserably and the SEC is a solid conference, period.. they definitely earned a lot of my respect.. not saying I like them and not saying I don't want to see the B1G smash them like the fuckeyes need to be smashed but they are a quality conference with some great teams.. i think this year the right team won # 1 overall.. not always the case every year with their fucked up system.. of course you can debate it to infinity but only way to solve it is a bracket system..

and SEC - we just got a new coach and like will ferrell on talledega nights - WE'RE COMING FOR YA, just came here to tell you that.. first mission is first game of 2012 and rolling over the tide and nick saban's hair piece..
You honestly think a new coach at UM is going to make a big difference?
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #136
tallywacker
Virtual Machine

Moto: 2010 Ducati Hypermotard

Oh look Auburn won...
Old 01-12-2011, 03:57 PM   #137
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
You honestly think a new coach at UM is going to make a big difference?
what did you want rich rod to stay and lose to toledo again? fuck yes a new coach will make ALL the difference.. fuck rich rod couldn't even figure out he needed a defense or a kicker.. he focused solely on offense and even that was half ass - i mean yeah they looked good offensively against bowling green but who wouldn't? but i reckon that's how they play football at west virginia - old west shoot out between the offenses.. definitely not how Auburn or any serious nationally ranked teams play football.. and this new coach is highly rated and respected among his peers.. bitch rod is just a joke, period..

do you honestly think a $200+ million program like u of m is going to suffer embarrassment like they have for the past 3 years for much longer? before rich rod they were # 2 in the nation at one point... they kicked florida and teblowz ass and bitch rod turns them into a team that couldn't beat a ranked team if their life depended on it.. so is it the coach? fuck yes.. and will the new coach make a difference? fuck yes..

shit he was in the parking lot when brandon called him and all he said when he answered the phone was "yes".. brandon sez i didn't even ask you anything yet.. and he says i knew the question.. so brandon sez i didn't tell you the pay - and he replies i don't care.. this motherfucker is fired up, agile, mobile and hostile.. just what we need.. wait and see..

and don't worry you can still send your pal bitch rod a christmas card if you want - send it to his WV address..

Quote:
Why couldn't you fucks take Miles away so we could get a decent coach? Bastards...
because he is a piece of shit.. LSU can have him..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:01 PM   #138
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
because he is a piece of shit.. LSU can have him..
I know, I wanted rid of him. Can't believe they gave him a contract extension.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:40 AM   #139
Mudpuppy
South of Heaven

Moto: 2006 Yamaha R1 50th Anniversary Edition

Quote:
I know, I wanted rid of him. Can't believe they gave him a contract extension.
first time michigan needed a coach he played the money game with LSU.. and i thought here we go again.. i can't believe michigan is paying $5m for a coach?!?!??! ridiculous.. bo made like $150,000 at the peak of his career..

Learn about photography: ATP Members
Mudpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #140
Rider
Moto GP Star

I'm glad rich rod is gone but at this point I don't think any coach will help. Recruiting is hurting big time. That won't change with a new coach at least not for a few years.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote