Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Dime Quarter > Group Buys & Hot Deals

Old 05-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #1
deals gap dragon slayer
Addicted to Track

Moto: 2007 Kawi ZX-10R
Default Cycle Gear's Sizzlin' Saturday Sale - May 15th

Prices good in store Saturday the 15th and Sunday the 16th but the real party is Saturday... So come on over to your local Cycle Gear for Food, Fun and Prizes... and atleast 10% off EVERYTHING in the store...

Legal Stuff...*Prices good through the weekend. Offer limited to stock on hand. Blanket discounts will appear in your shopping cart. Prices may vary between www.cyclegear.com and Cycle Gear retail locations. Blanket discounts do not apply to Gift Cards or to full-priced items from Alpinestars, Arctiva, Bell, Dainese, Dragon, Fox, GoPro, Icon, Leatt, Moose, Oakley, Ogio, One Industries, Scorpion, Thor, Trukke and/or Z1R. Discount valid only during the Sizzling Saturday Sale timeline. Cannot be combined with any other discounts, special offers or coupons - discounts don't "stack" and there's no double-dipping, so you can't take 20% off something and then another 10% off. [/SIZE]
deals gap dragon slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

My "Local" Cycle Gear is like 6 hours away.

*grumble*

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
My "Local" Cycle Gear is like 6 hours away.

*grumble*
I'm nearly twice that from a cycle gear.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #4
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

The Roadsmarts were on sale too, so I went ahead and picked up a new set last weekend to get the Busa ready for this year.

*minor rant*

Cycle Gear offers a road hazard warranty apparently. I didn't know that. The guy tried to sell it to me. I told him I didn't want it because I carry two flat repair kits and I was prepared. He pushed a little, explaining that it was a really good deal and why would I not take it.

Ok, you opened the door, I'll walk through it. So, I had to explain to him that the flat repair kits would take care of the small stuff, and if I had bigger problems, I'd take care of it then. He says "But we'll take care of it for you." I then asked if I would need to present the old tire for the reimbursement. He said yes. If I have a big enough problem with this tire that it has to come off, it will probably happen in northern Alaska. Does you *really* think I'm going to bring an old tire back with me on my bike from that far away for $150? No.

I know I'm the exception, not the rule. But, rest assured if I decline something, I've already thought it out.

He also made me stand there for 10 minutes while someone else came and checked over the wheel/tire. He said someone who didn't mount it has to check it and sign off on it. I explained to him that in the 20 feet I carried it from the back to the counter, I had already done that and if there was a problem he would have already heard about it.

Again, that whole exception thing. I guess my tolerance level for such things is lower these days. LOL
Old 05-06-2010, 10:35 AM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Your not missing much, cycle gear is terrible. There big sales get them down from MSRP to dealer prices. You need to be an MSF instructor or military for anything to be worth buying because they get a discount. It's good to try on shit and go home and order off New Enough or another quality online shop.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:47 AM   #6
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

I fuckin hate the nearest cycle gear. The people won't leave me alone for 2 seconds to shop without "can I help you" or trying to start a fake conversation to steer me toward a particular product.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #7
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontwo View Post
I fuckin hate the nearest cycle gear. The people won't leave me alone for 2 seconds to shop without "can I help you" or trying to start a fake conversation to steer me toward a particular product.
I was in one a few weeks back when I was on the road and asked if they had anything similar to certain kinds of Sidi boots - nobody in the store had ever heard of Sidi.

Nice.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:55 AM   #8
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
I was in one a few weeks back when I was on the road and asked if they had anything similar to certain kinds of Sidi boots - nobody in the store had ever heard of Sidi.

Nice.
Yeah, most of them don't know much about anything other than what's on their shelves