alright... cool
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 09:42 PM   #32
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider76 View Post
alright... cool
Do you think you will still be around at that time? It will be a record time in one place for you, from what you were saying.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 10:40 PM   #33
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

even if you stay away from the dragon, you will still have the time of your life...and if you want scenery...OMG this place has scenery, some of the most beautiful country on gods green earth...i'm in love...anyone want to give me a job and a place to live so I can move up there??!!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:31 AM   #34
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

So with all the cops in the area patrolling the gap its probably pretty much smooth sailing on all the other sweet roads in the area? Well except for the skyway of course...

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 08:39 AM   #35
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
So with all the cops in the area patrolling the gap its probably pretty much smooth sailing on all the other sweet roads in the area? Well except for the skyway of course...
Well it's about the same everywhere else as it use to be. NC doesn't really give a damn because they dont have the dragon to patrol. TN really gets fucked on the situation. They take in very little tourist dollars from the road itself and then have to shell out all the cash to take care of it. It's pretty funny. They also have stepped back patrols from what they did last year. Only about 5 cops on weekends instead of the whole damn state up there patrolling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 12:06 PM   #36
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

this is why im thinking of just taking a state vechicle instead of my bike, too many idoits out to ride and why waste the tire?

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 06:12 PM   #37
rider76
Canyon Carver

Moto: looking for the next ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Do you think you will still be around at that time? It will be a record time in one place for you, from what you were saying.
I am not for sure... I MIGHT be heading to Colorado, although there is a chance I could go to Bilioxi.... If I go to Bilioxi I could proably meet you there.... Although the way shit seems to be goin, I could still be right where I am. I got hurt the last time I deployed, and dont know how well I will pass a physical or P.T anymore...
rider76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:29 PM   #38
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

I went up there during the Florida Sportbike rally. I wasn't there for that I was just bored and went up. Either way the Florida Sportbike rally was interesting.

My first time up to the Gap was on Superbowl sunday this year. I didn't see a single cop on the Gap or on the Skyway. Nor where there many bikes, cars, or even bicycles. I'll make a bunch of trips up there during late fall, winter, and early spring. Might make 1 or 2 this summer but will keep an eye out on the Rally's and go during rally's I feel are going to have the least amount of idiots.

For example if I hear of a V-strom rally I wouldn't care to much. If I hear of a "Gixxer" or Civic rally I'm going to stay put.

But yeah the good roads get fucked up during the summer. Our Georgia loop (GA60/GA180/US129) is completely mucked up right now. Even worse than Deal's Gap. They had a Helicopter patrolling the road and cordinating the cops as they went down the road this past weekend. Plus waaaay more fatalities and idiots up there.

Mainly because 5miles away from the Loop(Which can be compared to the Gap) is a fake german town named Helen in which people on a weekend getaway go up and get plastered on beer then go ride a twisty road (Normally the Harley crowd and we have lots more Harleys than the Gap has ever dreamed of). It's only an hour or two away from anywhere in Atlanta so you get every city dwelling wheelie popping squid up there to prove how fast their 1st bike (R1) is. And on US129 (Which is often 3 lanes) you can hit 150mph easy then go into a turn that requires you to be at 50mph if you can really push the bike. So they'll get drag racing on the 3 lane section against their buddy. Hit 150mph then realize a tight turn is in front of them and SPLAT.