Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 12-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #11
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Moto: Li'l red baby Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
always to companys fault ?

WTF is that?

You should write fortune cookies, or instruction manuals for weed wackers.

JC
He is Asian, right?
Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #12
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by askmrjesus View Post
always to companys fault ?

WTF is that?

You should write fortune cookies, or instruction manuals for weed wackers.

JC
lol
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
EpyonXero
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2003 VFR800f6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatard View Post
Because twenty one thousand motherfucking dollars is too much for a month of ANYTHING short of 24 hour nursing care.

$21K plus for a month of data? On the moon, I can see it.

How is Verizon not completely out of hand?
Completely exorbitant charges are the companys fault. I have Verizon because they give the best service but I also know that they will milk you for everything you own if you give them the chance. It shouldnt even be possible to rack up a $21000 cell phone bill.
EpyonXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #14
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Not to defend the father, but many adults can't figure out the remote on a TV....so they don't KNOW whats out there to grab.

My son has a phone (he's 12) and thankfully we've talked about what he CAN use the phone for, and everything else he ASSUMES will be considered to default to "no you can't unless you ask Dad"

My step-daughter gets one this month (she turns 11) and we'll have to sit her down and make sure she understands that principle as well
No, I get what you're saying. And, what the others are saying...

But, yesterday I went over to Verizon to check out prices and see if it was worth moving to them from TMobile. They have one price for a "service" and a separate fee per item if you don't opt for that service.

I don't recall the exact fees - but, it's like $20 for the month to download unlimited. OR, it's $x per whatever to download per item.

It seems as though Dad didn't opt for the monthly service - and didn't understand the possible line item charges. It's in black and white when you sign up - it's NOT a surprise.

What about, he should have been paying attention to what his child was doing? Maybe?

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:35 PM   #15
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

The guy is stupid, his kid is stupid, Verizon is out of hand, and oh yeah; fucking stupid too.

If they were smart, they'd have informed the guy of the issue, and offered to automatically put him on an unlimited plan to prevent such outrageous charges from ever getting this far out of hand. By being greedy stupid fucktards, they are bound to get the attention of the FCC now, and deservedly so, if you ask me.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:37 PM   #16
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I can download that much a month and still pay under $60 a month on my bb storm.

The problem is, he wasn't on a data plan and that's where they fuck you and he got fucked, hard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #17
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
If they were smart, they'd have informed the guy of the issue, and offered to automatically put him on an unlimited plan to prevent such outrageous charges from ever getting this far out of hand. By being greedy stupid fucktards, they are bound to get the attention of the FCC now, and deservedly so, if you ask me.
They will work it out with the guy. They know he won't be able to pay it. The computer bills what he did per his plan, once he talks to the right manager, it will be fixed.

These companies need to have some kind of filter to pull these outrageous bills straight to management so this shit doesn't happen though.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #18
Crotch Rocket Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I can download that much a month and still pay under $60 a month on my bb storm.

The problem is, he wasn't on a data plan and that's where they fuck you and he got fucked, hard.

Trip, I know that, you know that, and a few others here obviously know that, but the question really boils down to this; How hard should companies like Verizon be able to fuck people who DON'T know that?

This seems a wee tad over the top, to put it mildly.

It begs for regulation, and my bet is that it will "find it".
Old 12-11-2009, 03:48 PM   #19
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

It seems as though Dad didn't opt for the monthly service - and didn't understand the possible line item charges. It's in black and white when you sign up - it's NOT a surprise.

TLDNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

What about, he should have been paying attention to what his child was doing? Maybe?
Proper parenting FTL
Old 12-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #20
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Trip, I know that, you know that, and a few others here obviously know that, but the question really boils down to this; How hard should companies like Verizon be able to fuck people who DON'T know that?

This seems a wee tad over the top, to put it mildly.

It begs for regulation, and my bet is that it will "find it".
Sorry, I am not a fan of government making sure your dumbass gets saved when you knowingly sign a contract. These people signed a contract to pay that price for data. They fucked up. Verizon or the Government isn't responsible because you are a dumbass.

If they asked for data to be blocked and Verizon didn't do it. Then it's Verizons fault and they need to correct it. I blocked txt messages, so Verizon better not allow txt messages to reach my phone and charge me for them.
Quote: