Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 04-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #21
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneHeather View Post
Nothing to add....just wanted to laugh at this.
God I love firing her up! Pssst...don't tell her that I actually like her ok?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #22
HurricaneHeather
AMA Supersport

Moto: '98 Honda Fireblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I love you Zoomie! .... baby cakes....buttercup!
HurricaneHeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #23
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
I love you Zoomie! Call me! man,I was just fucking with you,yeesh! Now,I understand that the BT-016 have been out for a few years but as far as a compound change goes...that's the difference between the OEM tires and the aftermarket tires baby cakes. Last I knew the OEM buns cost WAY more than the aftermarket tires. I will admit that I thought you were saying that the tires might be "bad" because of age which would be absurd. Anyway,sorry for teasing you buttercup!
Buttercup

I wish they would have re-numbered them rather than just updating the information about them.... not that the "old" 016's were bad, but now they are OLD. So, not only could you get something that's been sitting in a warehouse BUT - you could get the OLD compound.

I buy through the trackside race supply

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #24
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Buttercup

I wish they would have re-numbered them rather than just updating the information about them.... not that the "old" 016's were bad, but now they are OLD. So, not only could you get something that's been sitting in a warehouse BUT - you could get the OLD compound.

I buy through the trackside race supply

Yea? Do they have the freshest buns,sweetie? I hear what you are saying and I understand that the tires might be an old compound but I don't think that there is any "danger". For the most part,everyone pulls from the same pool of tires,so regardless of who you buy them from you are almost certain to get the same "quality"/"age" of tire IMHO. Unless you know someone who is getting them straight from the factory....
Old 04-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #25
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Yea? Do they have the freshest buns,sweetie? I hear what you are saying and I understand that the tires might be an old compound but I don't think that there is any "danger". For the most part,everyone pulls from the same pool of tires,so regardless of who you buy them from you are almost certain to get the same "quality"/"age" of tire IMHO. Unless you know someone who is getting them straight from the factory....
Eh, not necessarily dangerous. It's just my opinion that if you think you are buying something - you should get that something. Not an older version of it. I know, crazy concept

A race supplier not only gets the R compounds that others can't, they go through their stock at a rapid rate. So, yup - the freshest buns

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:58 AM   #26
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Eh, not necessarily dangerous. It's just my opinion that if you think you are buying something - you should get that something. Not an older version of it. I know, crazy concept

A race supplier not only gets the R compounds that others can't, they go through their stock at a rapid rate. So, yup - the freshest buns

You realize we're talking about street tires right? Okay,okay you win. God I love a feisty woman!
Old 04-09-2009, 01:53 PM   #27
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

This is how much respect I have for you Zoomster! I called Cycle Sector and asked about their tires and prices. The general manager assured me that they,like almost everyone else,have their tires dropped shipped from the distributor,who periodically sells out of the Bridgestones btw, so you can be assured that you are getting the freshest buns available to anyone in the U.S. I further checked with Competition Accessories who also stated that they were having my tires drop shipped from the distributor. He stated that," Tell your friend that the only way to get them any "fresher" would be to steal them from the factory in Japan!"
Old 04-09-2009, 01:54 PM   #28
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
A lot bit longer. I was slipping all over the place on my way to work today.
Yeah when they are cold they suck... Why do you think my bike got totaled. 40 degrees out on a dewy November morning and about 1/4 mile from my house is where my accident happened. The tires had no grip and they weren't slowing my bike down when I crested a hill. Warmer tires on a warmer day would have saved me.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:24 PM   #29
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Yeah when they are cold they suck... Why do you think my bike got totaled. 40 degrees out on a dewy November morning and about 1/4 mile from my house is where my accident happened. The tires had no grip and they weren't slowing my bike down when I crested a hill. Warmer tires on a warmer day would have saved me.
That'll do it. They handled good at this one place where I ride spirited at today, where the Powers didn't inspire confidence.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:29 PM   #30
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

There's a set of 4 numbers on your tires. First 2 are the week, last two are the year. Or vice versa.

5108 means made in the third week of December of 08. If its the other way, I apologize. But, you get the idea.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote