Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 01-29-2010, 05:04 PM   #11
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rock View Post
Favre definitely gets seniority over Warner. Warner shouldn't get it, imo. He did well his first couple seasons, then a couple recently, but he isn't hall of fame worthy.
That seems to be the debate on him, plus he wasnt a full time starter till he was 28. makes ya wonder what would have happened if trent green never got hurt.
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:05 PM   #12
t-homo
WSB Champion

Warner worked at a fucking grocery store after college. He didn't even get drafted.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:07 PM   #13
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Warner worked at a fucking grocery store after college. He didn't even get drafted.
Dont forget his years in arena ball.

it makes for a great story and all but i am up in the air about his HOF credentials. Dont want it to be like you win a super bowl as a QB and are guaranteed a spot in the hall.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #14
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Dont forget his years in arena ball.

it makes for a great story and all but i am up in the air about his HOF credentials. Dont want it to be like you win a super bowl as a QB and are guaranteed a spot in the hall.
Exactly. Trust me, I loved watching him play for the Rams when they won the superbowl, and the couple seasons right in there, but HoF should be reserved for truly amazing QBs.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:10 PM   #15
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Exactly. Trust me, I loved watching him play for the Rams when they won the superbowl, and the couple seasons right in there, but HoF should be reserved for truly amazing QBs.
Also have to add in the years with the giants and even at first with az he was supposed ot keep the spot warm and teach the young up and comming QB's with Eli and Leinart.

I am wondering if leinart stopped partying and thinking hes at usc and gets to work. Hes got an amazing offense to work with, so they could make HIM look good.
Old 01-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #16
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

He's a definite Hall of Famer, he'll be in and deserves it IMO. Sad to see him go, I like watching the old guys play.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM   #17
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

I think he gets the nod. He wasnt a career standout, but did have a successful career and a bowl ring doesnt hurt. Plus he is the kind of story the NFL will want to endorse. Self made guy who worked his way in the hard way. Probably a second round inductee but he's in.

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:26 PM   #18
defector
My balls, your chin

Moto: 929, SV650, YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
He's a definite Hall of Famer, he'll be in and deserves it IMO. Sad to see him go, I like watching the old guys play.
Top 5 in most of the important passing categories, and a true team leader. Yeah, I would say he gets in, as he should.

BTW, the same dude that flattened him also got Favre in the next game.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:22 AM   #19
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Dude is first ballot. He's a top notch QB and a standup dude.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
Curb
resident gimp

Moto: a big ole steamin pile of nothin

If you look at Warner as a person as well as a football player, he belongs there more than anyone. He is a great Humanitarian off the field and true team leader on it. Like I said before, there are men in there who have done less in their lives and on the field. If I had a vote he would be at the top of the list of the class of 2015. But seeing as the world is going to end in 2012 him nor Farve will get in

Political correctness is killing this country
Curb is offline   Reply With Quote