Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Events

Old 03-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #121
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Moto: A Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Now I am thinking of not heading back to ny till tues or wed now so i could ride all day monday, then use late mon and tues as a trvel day or even extend things another day if need be. Figure if I am traveling a million miles might as well make the most of it.

I started attacking the priller today, seems I have a ton of work to still do to get it ready

Tom
Yeah...that way you wouldn't be pressed for time, something I need to think about as well. I'd rather play on the Gap Monday and Tuesday make my way back home, but this is dependent upon what Amorok and some others are doing too since I'll be riding with them.

What do you have to do to the priller? I still have some stuff I need to do to mine...gotta change the oil soon, I have to replace the front break reservoir (I have it, just got to get some brake fluid), change the tires, and flush the radiator...it's never been done that I'm aware of.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonpaco
so you're just a cougar who doesnt hunt.....a domesticated cougar
Myspace
rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #122
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Yeah...that way you wouldn't be pressed for time, something I need to think about as well. I'd rather play on the Gap Monday and Tuesday make my way back home, but this is dependent upon what Amorok and some others are doing too since I'll be riding with them.

What do you have to do to the priller? I still have some stuff I need to do to mine...gotta change the oil soon, I have to replace the front break reservoir (I have it, just got to get some brake fluid), change the tires, and flush the radiator...it's never been done that I'm aware of.
Where to start, I am replacing both foot levers, and the right side mirror from the accident. The bike needs a good cleaning theres a lot of dirt/mud built up from the damn construction site in there i need to clean out. Then a good once over to make sure its up for a potential 3k mile trip.

I wanna see if I can twist derf or sixxers arms to stretch it out so I am not riding the whole way back solo. Did that onece from the gap and it was not fun.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #123
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Where to start, I am replacing both foot levers, and the right side mirror from the accident. The bike needs a good cleaning theres a lot of dirt/mud built up from the damn construction site in there i need to clean out. Then a good once over to make sure its up for a potential 3k mile trip.

I wanna see if I can twist derf or sixxers arms to stretch it out so I am not riding the whole way back solo. Did that onece from the gap and it was not fun.

Tom
Hmmm...dunno about Sixxxer but you may be able to talk Def into it...depending upon how long the military is willing to let him go. There may be another one or two from up that way coming too. I'm waiting to hear back if it's definite or not. I'd tell you but I'm scared I'd jinx their chances of coming.

My knee pads may be Air-Ride and chrome plated but I have standards as to who I use them on.
Quote:
Myspace
Old 03-08-2009, 10:00 PM   #124
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
Cool. I got you down as attending.

And that's May 9-11 (Or in the weekend of)? I have a Triathlon on Jekyll Island on the 16th of May.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:07 PM   #125
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
And that's May 9-11 (Or in the weekend of)? I have a Triathlon on Jekyll Island on the 16th of May.
Yeah..there about. 8th-10th. Some are coming early...some staying later. It's all about what you can do.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 03-08-2009, 10:14 PM   #126
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

I might be able to, but I think sixxxer is heading over to Myrtle Beach for bike week, then hitching a ride home. I was asked if I wanted to meet up with some friends there, and I have been contemplating it, so I don't know if I will be riding back home until the sunday after anyway.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:29 AM   #127
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I'm taking the whole week after the rally off, so I might just stay in Tennessee and north GA the whole week hitting nice roads. My schedule is open, whatever you guys want to do.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:42 PM   #128
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

I feel like I'm just along for the ride so I'll be doing pretty much what everyone else is doing. Within reason, of course.

Quote:
Myspace
Old 03-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #129
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

Well, looks like we're hitting the Gap and some other nice roads afterwards. Sounds like a plan. Hopefully Ebbs can get enough time off to do it all with us, or else I'm going to have mine and Rogue's shit packed on my bike on the way back.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #130
rogue
Wanting to Go Back!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
Well, looks like we're hitting the Gap and some other nice roads afterwards. Sounds like a plan. Hopefully Ebbs can get enough time off to do it all with us, or else I'm going to have mine and Rogue's shit packed on my bike on the way back.

I should be able to pack and carry everything I need on my bike. I may need to wash at one point though. I'll make more definite packing plans when the date gets closer.

Two more months to go! WooT!!!!

Quote:
Myspace