Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-01-2011, 06:49 PM   #11
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtemple View Post
I'm afraid that martial arts training would interfere with my weight training too much.
*snicker*
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #12
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

It's sad...

These kids need the teachings of the New Testament!

Or marital arts. lol

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #13
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
It's sad...

These kids need the teachings of the New Testament!

Or marital arts. lol
Marital arts ? I could use some of those. Leg sweep the wife right before a track day.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:09 AM   #14
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
*snicker*
Cut that out

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 05:29 PM   #15
fatbuckRTO
This is not the sig line.

Moto: Be prepared. What? Oh, *moto*...

Smashed his face and teeth on the pavement, then stole his dad's iPhone?

Maybe someone could clarify for me, at what point does it stop being "bullying" and start being "assault and robbery?"

According to the article, the emotional distress didn't really start until after the attack that happened away from the school grounds. I'm sure the bullying didn't help (who the hell bullies a disabled kid?), but this sounds less like a problem of bullying and more like a problem of acts that are already well-established as criminal. An iPhone is not lunch money.

-Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!
fatbuckRTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #16
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatbuckRTO View Post
Smashed his face and teeth on the pavement, then stole his dad's iPhone?

Maybe someone could clarify for me, at what point does it stop being "bullying" and start being "assault and robbery?"

According to the article, the emotional distress didn't really start until after the attack that happened away from the school grounds. I'm sure the bullying didn't help (who the hell bullies a disabled kid?), but this sounds less like a problem of bullying and more like a problem of acts that are already well-established as criminal. An iPhone is not lunch money.
This is what I was thinking.

It's a horrible situation. Something that no parent should EVER have to deal with.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:58 PM   #17
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Ugh............

Between the ages of 10 and 15, the majority of kids are ruthless (and dare say worthless).
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:08 PM   #18
Flexin
AMA Supersport

I found out that there is a kid in my sons class that likes to get on peoples nerves. He likes to pick at other kids and bugs them. I hear he is doing it to my son and now that my daughter is there he has been pulling her hair on the bus.

My wife told me this and said she talked to the kids. F that. I had a talk with them. First of all I'm surprised that my daughter hasn't done anything since she is a tough little girl and quick to swing. I told her that she doesn't let anyone pull her hair. I also told my son that he doesn't need to put up with anyone budding him and that he is to stick up for his sister.

We told both of them they are not allowed to pick on people or start fights, but they will NEVER get in trouble for sticking up for themselves.

My son started Tae Kwon Do and my daughter who is in Ballet wants to take it as well. We have to try to get her into it.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #19
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Same with my son man, its awesome when they're passionate about martial arts!! Stick with the TKD for now and then when its available in your area you can move him up to a more effective art.
Just curious what you mean by more effective?

Granted, TKD is rather "rigid" in its style, but its principles are sound.

For whatever martial art one person thinks is the best, someone's always going to trump it with something else. Personally, I say the quality of the teacher & the student body is more important than which martial art it is.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #20
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
Just curious what you mean by more effective?

Granted, TKD is rather "rigid" in its style, but its principles are sound.

For whatever martial art one person thinks is the best, someone's always going to trump it with something else. Personally, I say the quality of the teacher & the student body is more important than which martial art it is.
You ever see a TKD black belt get into a fight?

I have, it's quite funny to see them touching their foot gently to somebody's face to score a "point" as opposed to trying to take their head off, which is kind of the idea of a fight.

Then, after he actually got hit once he started with the "ENOUGH! I DON'T WANT TO FIGHT!"

I was very very disappointed. I thought for sure it would be a one sided fight, with the black belt trouncing the other guy. It just further reinforced to me that if you don't have "it" fighting/self defense just isn't for you.
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote