Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #11
CasterTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
And, more and more the phrase "he died doing something he loved" bothers me. I'd rather die of old age asleep in my bed.

Me too. This phrase was all his broken wife could keep uttering at his funeral to keep herself going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Well, I'd rather die riding the bike or something than die a slow horrible death from cancer, or clocking out early from something like a heart attack or stroke (unless fucking - something else I love to do)...
And that's all Brian ever said.

Actually his request was to be cremated and then pour his ashes into a 1/2 gallon of gas and put into the gas tank of whatever bike he DIDN'T crash in his garage, and have me crank the bike, and run it WFO until the motor seized so that his ashes would be embedded into the engine. Then bury the BIKE.

Instead...his wife sent his ashes to his hometown in South Dakota to the military graveyard and buried his ashes there.

I thought his was was pretty cool

But I wanna live to see grandkids, maybe great grandkids, and finally be free to poop my pants without getting judged (like now-a-days in my office)
Old 07-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #12
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Actually his request was to be cremated and then pour his ashes into a 1/2 gallon of gas and put into the gas tank of whatever bike he DIDN'T crash in his garage, and have me crank the bike, and run it WFO until the motor seized so that his ashes would be embedded into the engine. Then bury the BIKE.
That's super cool... kinda sucks that his wife didn't abide by it... would have been a great memorial - WFO, motor screaming, all your friends and family around... man, powerful shit right there... at least for a gearhead.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:42 PM   #13
Triple
uncomfortably numb

Moto: WR250R & Bonneville

Quote:
The older I get... the older I want to get.
Not this guy! I'm checking out no later than my early 50's, assuming something doesn't kill me between now and then.

No disrespect to those who've lost loved ones to motorcycle wrecks, but I wouldn't mind going out that way myself, at all. Just so long as it actually takes me out, and doesn't paralyze me instead, or cut my legs off or something.
Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #14
Turbo Ghost
Movie Star

Moto: KLR650

Whenever whatever it is takes me out, my box-o-ashes is to be strapped to the back of a bike and the lid taken off and driven over 421 till the box is empty. So, when you hear stories of the ghost biker of 421, you'll know who it is! I still haven't decided if I'll dedicate my afterlife to protecting the riders of 421 or being the demon they can't catch that puts them in the ditch. Probably depends on if they're hot or not!
Turbo Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #15
Sixxxxer
Like Gixxxxer But Not

Moto: 2008 ZX6R

Quote:
That's super cool... kinda sucks that his wife didn't abide by it... would have been a great memorial - WFO, motor screaming, all your friends and family around... man, powerful shit right there... at least for a gearhead.
Shit I got a lil emotional reading it thinking thats how he got to "spread" his ashes.

That woulda been a kickass way to do it.

I certainly would want something badass like that.
Old 07-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #16
CasterTroy

Quote:
Exactly!!! that was his vision. Unfortunately his wife didn't share his passion.

She wanted there to be a viewing, and a normal funeral.

Brian didn't pretend or put on different faces. He told it like it was and would have HATED having all those fake ass people who came to the funeral to show up and receive credit for grieving.

To ME...it was disrespectful of his intentions...but I also could see her side of it. After losing him TO a motorcycle she didn't want anything to do with them again.