Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 04-14-2010, 09:55 AM   #11
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Bike had been tracked and looked to be falling apart. So needless to say I didn't buy it. Going for a 250
arent you already on a 250? Your price range puts you smack dab in sv650 territory
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #12
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
arent you already on a 250? Your price range puts you smack dab in sv650 territory
Nah I had a 250 a while back, sold it for school money, and now I want another bike. I want something bigger than a 250 but my riding friends are telling me to get another 250. It basically all boils down to I got my old 250 when my parents didnt like me having a bike and I didnt really get to ride it on the roads all that much, more or less just like a scooter around the neighborhood. Now I am at the point where when I do get one its going to be more than just a neighborhood toy. Im thinking theyre right in the fact that I havent ridden in traffic but I rode a TTR-230 trail bike for about 3-4 years and every time I get on a 250 it just feels like the same thing only on the street.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #13
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by upshift View Post
Nah I had a 250 a while back, sold it for school money, and now I want another bike. I want something bigger than a 250 but my riding friends are telling me to get another 250. It basically all boils down to I got my old 250 when my parents didnt like me having a bike and I didnt really get to ride it on the roads all that much, more or less just like a scooter around the neighborhood. Now I am at the point where when I do get one its going to be more than just a neighborhood toy. Im thinking theyre right in the fact that I havent ridden in traffic but I rode a TTR-230 trail bike for about 3-4 years and every time I get on a 250 it just feels like the same thing only on the street.
Get yourself a Suzuki GS500F or a Kawi Ninja 500R.

You can probably get one or the other new for 5k or less if you get a leftover and can talk the dealer down.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #14
upshift
Looing for a bike...

Moto: Nothing at the moment

Yeah I might do that. Not really wanting to spend $5000 on a bike right now tho. Still got school and everything so the less I spend the better. I am looking for something around $3500-$4000 because I know I will be able to pay it off (or nearly) by summers end.
upshift is offline   Reply With Quote