Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 04-27-2010, 10:01 AM   #21
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
And, the woman he saved, what is your answer for her?
I'm guessing she was long gone.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #22
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

I'm always surprised when other people are surprised by something like this. I mean, have those of you who found this behavior shocking even met another person in real life?

People are shit.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:22 AM   #23
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
I'm always surprised when other people are surprised by something like this. I mean, have those of you who found this behavior shocking even met another person in real life?
Who said they were shocked ?

Quote:
People are shit.
Yes they are...that's why I conceal carry.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:28 AM   #24
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Who said they were shocked ?
Not shocked, just sad.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 AM   #25
Kaneman
AMA Supersport

Moto: 2000 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird

Seems to me like there was a lot of shock about this story. Could be wrong...though....it'd be the first time.
1982 Honda XR80 - blown motor, 1993 Kawasaki ZX6D - sold, 2001 Suzuki Bandit 1200S - sold, 1984 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Kawasaki ZRX1200R - blown motor, 2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom - totalled, 2003 Yamaha FZ1 - sold, 1994 Honda Magna - sold, 2001 Honda CBR600F4i - sold, 1998 Suzuki DR350 - stolen, 1989 Honda Super Magna - sold, 2007 Yamaha Stratoliner, 2000 Honda CBR 1100XX Blackbird
Kaneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #26
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneman View Post
Seems to me like there was a lot of shock about this story. Could be wrong...though....it'd be the first time.
No. No shock. Hell, over the weekend a 70-something year old man was mugged on a subway car while a dozen or more people watched, without so much as hitting the panic strip, in "polite" Toronto. Yeah, polite indifference

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:36 AM   #27
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Not shocked, just sad.
Yep
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:37 AM   #28
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

people people people...

details

Homeless good Samaritan left to die on NYC street

By DEEPTI HAJELA
Associated Press Writer

Homeless Good Samaritan Left to Die on Street

NEW YORK (AP) -- The homeless man lay face down, unmoving, on the sidewalk outside an apartment building, blood from knife wounds pooling underneath his body.

One person passed by in the early morning. Then another, and another. Video footage from a surveillance camera shows at least seven people going by, some turning their heads to look, others stopping to gawk. One even lifted the homeless man's body, exposing what appeared to be blood on the sidewalk underneath him, before walking away.

It wasn't until after the 31-year-old Guatemalan immigrant had been lying there for nearly an hour that emergency workers arrived, and by then, it was too late. Hugo Alfredo Tale-Yax - who police said was stabbed while intervening to help a woman being attacked - had died.

"I think it's horrific," said Marla Cohan, who teaches at P.S. 82, a school across the street from where Tale-Yax died. "I think people are just afraid to step in; they don't want to get involved; who knows what their reasons are?"

Tale-Yax was walking behind a man and a woman on 144th Street in the Jamaica section of Queens around 6 a.m. April 18 when the couple got into a fight that became physical, according to police, who pieced together what happened from surveillance footage and interviews with area residents.

Tale-Yax was stabbed several times when he intervened to help the woman, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said. She and the other man fled in different directions, and Tale-Yax pursued the man before collapsing. Authorities are searching for the man and woman.

A 911 call of a woman screaming came in around 6 a.m., but when officers responded to the address that was given, no one was there, police said. Another call came in around 7 a.m., saying a man was lying on the street, but gave the wrong address. Finally, around 7:20 a.m., someone called 911 to report a man had possibly been stabbed at 144th Street and 88th Road.
Police and firefighters arrived a few minutes later to find Tale-Yax dead. Officials say they're not sure whether the man was still alive when passers-by opted not to help him.

Residents who regularly pass by the same stretch of sidewalk, in a working-class neighborhood of low-rise apartment buildings and fast food restaurants near a busy boulevard, were unnerved by the way Tale-Yax died.

"Is anybody human anymore?" asked Raechelle Groce, visiting her grandmother at a nearby building on Monday. "What's wrong with humanity?"

In the urban environment, it's not unusual to see people on the street, sleeping or under the influence of drugs or alcohol.

But even assuming the person they've just passed is drunk, instead of injured, is no reason not to notify authorities, said Seth Herman, another teacher at the school. He remembered calling an ambulance when seeing a man who appeared to be homeless on the street, with a beer bottle near by.

He called 911, he said, because "I felt it wasn't my job to figure out if the person was drunk or actually hurt."

Groce agreed.

"I just think that's horrible, whether you're homeless or not," she said. "He's a human being; he needs help."

---

Associated Press writer Colleen Long contributed to this report.

too sum up
The issue is that since the guy was obviously an illegal immigrant (since anyone from central or south america is by default an illegal immigrant), everyone called INS instead of NYPD. Once you filter out the people who just figured the guy to be homeless or drunk, some called, some may have done a finda cop but to no avail (since it is usually more effective to find a cop then it is to wait 1/2 hour for NYPD to respond to a call) and at least one is the killer.
The pair that took photos have now started up a website.

Late night dude on the street test: Look for breathing, test the air (sniff test), poke at limb least likely to reach you should the guy wake up, look for signs of trauma (from 4 feet away) and perform a "Hey buddy" reponse test.

Personally I'm proud of all those involved because noone lifted his wallet and thats indicative of the low crime rates we all enjoy in the city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #29
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:16 PM   #30
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
And, the woman he saved, what is your answer for her?
She was a whore. I was just guessing about the people who walked by. Hell that one guy picked him up and took off he has no excuse either.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote