Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 09-22-2010, 04:58 PM   #31
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Agreed but some lowlife lawyer will get in their ear and tell em they can make millions. They wont sue the father because he doesnt have a lot of money, they will go after the school and school bus co because they have deeper pockets.
Eff the lawyer too and THEIR horse. That's two horse's asses for the price of one.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:44 PM   #32
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

I've been quiet on this topic, mainly because I do not agree with the father getting on the bus to get involved. Where was the bus driver when the bullying was taking place? An irate adult "dealing with" a child is not appropriate.

I have personally dealt with batshit crazy cornering my child when she was 12. She was in a group that was harassing a boy in her class. Was my daughter wrong? Yes. Did I call her on the carpet for it? Yes. The boy's mother was arrested at the school the previous year for a similar incident - this time she only cornered my daughter and two other girls until a teacher noticed and got involved. Said mother can no longer step foot on school property.

As an adult, it is NOT appropriate to "handle" a general bullying situation like this - it is best to go through the school and approach the parents. OR, let the school just get involved.

In my case, she was TRULY crazy. And, had entirely too much time on her hands. That poor boy is probably still not wiping his own ass.... it's tough to tell in any of these situations who the crazy one is unless you know the entire story.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 08:36 PM   #33
Amorok
Issukangitok

Moto: '06 Suzuki Boulevard C50T

I understand the dad's frustration with the pathetic little shits picking on his kid, but what he did just doesn't get any mileage nowadays. When I was a kid maybe, but not now. If my kid gets bullied on the bus I'm going to the school board about it, and if that doesn't work then I'm going to the little bastard's parents and dealing with it direct. Hopefully they listen to reason.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #34
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
I've been quiet on this topic, mainly because I do not agree with the father getting on the bus to get involved. Where was the bus driver when the bullying was taking place? An irate adult "dealing with" a child is not appropriate.

I have personally dealt with batshit crazy cornering my child when she was 12. She was in a group that was harassing a boy in her class. Was my daughter wrong? Yes. Did I call her on the carpet for it? Yes. The boy's mother was arrested at the school the previous year for a similar incident - this time she only cornered my daughter and two other girls until a teacher noticed and got involved. Said mother can no longer step foot on school property.

As an adult, it is NOT appropriate to "handle" a general bullying situation like this - it is best to go through the school and approach the parents. OR, let the school just get involved.

In my case, she was TRULY crazy. And, had entirely too much time on her hands. That poor boy is probably still not wiping his own ass.... it's tough to tell in any of these situations who the crazy one is unless you know the entire story.
Have you ever dealt with the school when your child has been bullied? Most schools do nothing, I know. Hopefully they are changing that attitude after all the school shootings over this type of shit.

I believe if a bully feels the need to dish it out to very weak children, they should be able to take shit from a grown adult. If that's too much for your child to take, then make damn sure they aren't bullying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #35
Papa_Complex
Nomadic Tribesman

Moto: '09 ER-6n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Have you ever dealt with the school when your child has been bullied? Most schools do nothing, I know. Hopefully they are changing that attitude after all the school shootings over this type of shit.

I believe if a bully feels the need to dish it out to very weak children, they should be able to take shit from a grown adult. If that's too much for your child to take, then make damn sure they aren't bullying.
Different situation here, entirely. This was a "special needs child." They'd have been all over it, for fear of a lawsuit.

http://www.morallyambiguous.net/
Papa_Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 10:06 PM   #36
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_Complex View Post
Different situation here, entirely. This was a "special needs child." They'd have been all over it, for fear of a lawsuit.
Maybe, school officials try their best to squirm out of anything that remotely resembles conflict.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote