Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2008, 12:51 AM   #1
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝
Default SkullSkins review...

I don't know if it was here or somewhere else but I heard about skullskins and checked out their site (very lame navigation). They're just cloth covers you put over your helmet and a vinyl sticker you put over your visor which make it looks like a head. Example;

I really like the designs but I want something no one else had so I contacted them about having a custom one made. I recently got into a Polish painter named Beksinski who made some of the most badass artwork I've ever seen. One of his works called 130 (all of his paintings were untitled) really seemed perfect for a helmet.(see attachments for larger versions.)

I sent it to them asking if they could make a custom skin that looked anything like the original. They responded very friendly and quickly with the pricing
Quote:
For custom skins we require a one time upfront art charge of $25.00, then upon your approval of the artwork the skin itself would be $40.00 plus shipping ($4.50 within the U.S.). IF you would like a matching custom street shield it would be $16.95 plus shipping ($3.50).
So for 90 bucks I could possibly have a completly original looking helmet and for custom printing I didn't consider that too bad. I was skeptical at that point that their artwork would be close to the original. I paid the art fee and 3 days later I got these samples

Fucking gnarly looking to say the least! So far their customer service has been stellar, very talented art work and I'll update with pics when I receive it and give my review.

Looks like it wont be too hard to put on but I'm wondering how the visor cover will work, how much light it will block, will a bee at 90 mph tear it up, etc. we'll see.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=NDD9Al9_-oA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Zdzisław Beksiński - 130.jpg (559.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg skullskin.jpg (475.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg skullskin2.jpg (71.0 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by PiZdETS; 05-24-2008 at 12:57 AM..
PiZdETS is offline   Reply With Quote