Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 05-08-2008, 09:51 AM   #1
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R
Default New Gear!

Got my Cortech Adrenaline gloves on tuesday. SO NICE! They are the best feeling gloves I have ever tried on. Kangaroo palm with plastic main knuckle protector and smaller rubberized bits on the fingers. Perforations on the inside between the fingers to keep cool, and a vent under the back of the knuckle protector. I was stuck in traffic a good part of my trip last night- 75 degrees with no airflow and my legs were cooking from the engine, but my hands were cool.

Well, I had a longer review written, but my browser glitched. In short, these things rock! They're nicer than the Scarab RRs I had in that there's no extra material or throttle slippage. I rodered a size smaller and they are perfect!

See this space for a review of my A* jacket when it comes.
Old 05-08-2008, 09:57 AM   #2
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

How much $$ ? I like the look.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:59 AM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

Nice gloves..
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:19 AM   #4
fnfalman
Europhile

Moto: Aprilia RS125, Aprilia SR50 Factory, Aprilia Tuono, BMW Rockster, KTM 990 Adventure

I've been really happy with the Cortech SCARAB and Winter SCARAB. I don't know how well they'd perform at high speed crashes, but they are comfortable and the prices are at around $70/pair.

fnfalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

yez, my gloves commin today too. i think im gonna wear them out driving.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #6
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Good looking gloves.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 11:14 AM   #7
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NONE_too_SOFT View Post
yez, my gloves commin today too. i think im gonna wear them out driving.
Just dont try to be as sweet as ceo with the helmet and all while driving.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:24 PM   #8
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnfalman View Post
I've been really happy with the Cortech SCARAB and Winter SCARAB. I don't know how well they'd perform at high speed crashes, but they are comfortable and the prices are at around $70/pair.
Well, I tested my Scarabs at about 40mph and they did their job. Rode the right glove and my jacket sleeve for about 35 feet till I ran out of pavement. Couple scuffs all around the right glove, with the most obvious damage being the palm carbon was ground completely off. The plastic/kevlar stuff underneath held up.

The Adrenaline cost $89.99 at Motorcycle-Superstore, but I got a K+N filter at the same time and used a $5 off coupon and got free shipping. Total came in at $97. Another great thing about the Cortech gloves- the gauntlets actually fit over my jacket cuffs. I tried on a pair of Shift SR-1s that didn't. Glove felt good, but the small gauntlet was a no-go.

Ordered my A* Stunt 2 jacket from Sportbike Track Gear last Monday. (15% off) I was disappointed it didn't show up that week, but I called them yesterday and cleared things up, so I should have it today or tomorrow. They shipped it later that day.

Found a guy with a set of wheels. Soon as he gets back from vacation, I'm going to buy them. Also have a connection at work for race take offs. Just have to wait on another paycheck for my race plastics and I'm set!!

Last edited by Phenix_Rider; 05-08-2008 at 12:28 PM..
Phenix_Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:33 PM   #9
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

My jacket arrived!! It's sitting at home waiting for me!
Old 05-08-2008, 07:42 PM   #10
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Got my jacket! Nice. Leather is thick, jacket feels solid- exactly what I expect from A*. Blue looks great, but I didn't realize the bottom was silver, not white. Doesn't really match my Track pants, but who cares?

Couple gripes though. It gets real tight at the elbow when I bend my arm all the way, and the elbow armor feels a little off, and the sleeves are a bit short. The torso fits right though. The zipper mates to my pants, but the jacket side is about 1.5" longer. The zipper's not a problem (I think), but I'm going to call tomorrow and see if I can get a tall size.