Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 05-08-2008, 11:12 AM   #51
PhiSig1071
Let go of my ears.

Moto: '03 GSX-R600, '04 625SMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
I think I had a thread on here about asking about becoming a rider coach... it's something I want to do... but I'll wait till i have a few more full riding seasons under my belt... but I think I'll see if I can assist when I get to colorado.

Not only CAN you assist, it's actually required. You have to do an (unpaid) "internship" with a school. You help get the bikes ready, you help set the range up, sometimes you'll read the cards and brief the students. Trust me, you want to do this as much as you can before you try to go through the RiderCoach Program, it will make things so much easier for you when it's time to do your RCP.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:34 PM   #52
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Yeah Nee was saying you have to do that first... but seeing as I probably won't have the experience for several years to teach... I figure I'll still assist as much as I can
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #53
ceo012384
Pompous Prick

Moto: 06 R6 (race), 04 CRF Tard (race)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post

Not only CAN you assist, it's actually required. You have to do an (unpaid) "internship" with a school. You help get the bikes ready, you help set the range up, sometimes you'll read the cards and brief the students. Trust me, you want to do this as much as you can before you try to go through the RiderCoach Program, it will make things so much easier for you when it's time to do your RCP.
I want to become a ridercoach someday soon. I was talking to one of the track day instructors and he said I already had the skills/experience to do it, and thought I would be good at it.

It would be a great feeling to be putting (hopefully) smart riders on the road.
ceo012384 is offline   Reply With Quote