Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 07-22-2008, 04:20 PM   #61
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

my exact words "can he stf up so I can watch the damn race!!??" I almost had them mute it for me...i'm sure it'll get better tho!
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 04:52 PM   #62
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickle.of.doom View Post
He didn't hand it over to Nicky either... his piece of shit Yamaha just couldn't hang with the Honda...

Ha ha ha! Delusional are we? Exactly how many races did Nikita win in '06? Hell, how many races has he won period? Lorenzo has won more MotoGp races in his first year than Hayden has won in 4 or 5 years. In fact, I believe that Pedrosa, in three years and on the same bike mind you,has won more races than Hayden. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpzx10 View Post
Correction, he didn't throw it away last year. Ducati kicked everyone in the nuts the first year on the 800.

Now the year before, he handed it to Nicole.
I agree with that to a point but Rossi had some unnecessary DNFs that might have changed things.

To tell the truth I miss the "good ol' days" when an American could win the championship and actually win at least half the races. Now when we win it's more like someone else lost,rather than we won. Roberts being the previous example.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #63
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Moto: 2005 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Lorenzo has won more MotoGp races in his first year than Hayden has won in 4 or 5 years.
I thought Lorenzo only won one race.

The Repsol Honda was made for Pedrosa, not for Hayden. Which is why I hope Hayden signs with Ducati next year.
Mrs. Colleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:06 PM   #64
fpzx10
Rides a Crotch Scooter

Moto: 2007 GSXR 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Colleen View Post

The Repsol Honda was made for Pedrosa, not for Hayden. Which is why I hope Hayden signs with Ducati next year.
Then we can watch him get pummeled on an Italian bike
Old 07-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #65
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:

very true. Lorenzo has quite a rep from the 250's but after his big highside... he's been struggling.

it'd be interesting to see Nicky on the Duc... sucks HRC is such a douchebag company to it's riders
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2008, 05:17 PM   #66
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
very true. Lorenzo has quite a rep from the 250's but after his big highside... he's been struggling.

it'd be interesting to see Nicky on the Duc... sucks HRC is such a douchebag company to it's riders
I was rooting for Lorenzo. Hopefully the break will do him good.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #67
Big Kahuna
I'm Kind of a Big Deal!

Moto: 1998 900RR, 2005 1000RR, 2007 GT250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
complete thievery from another board:

Yeah, that would be funny if he actually past through the dirt, but he was in front at that point so I guess the door was opened behind him.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #68
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:

I am an idiot! Sorry,I was thinking pole positions and you're right he only has one win in the premier class.

Ok,but I doubt Hayden will do any better than Milandri did. I know,I know I'm a hater but really,Nicky was on the same team as Rossi during the years that the Honda flat out DOMINATED MotoGp. The Honda was by far the best bike on the track,hands down. Then Rossi switches to an acknowledged inferior bike and Hayden still can't capitalize. Now the excuse is that the bike wasn't "made" for Nicky and that's why he can't win. What will the excuse be next season,Bridgestone tires,Stoner gets all the good parts,his Italian isn't very good,etc? I know everyone wants NH to be the champion we've been missing in MotoGp for decades. I just don't see it.
Old 07-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #69
Mrs. Colleen
Leather and Lace

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I am an idiot! Sorry,I was thinking pole positions and you're right he only has one win in the premier class.

Ok,but I doubt Hayden will do any better than Milandri did. I know,I know I'm a hater but really,Nicky was on the same team as Rossi during the years that the Honda flat out DOMINATED MotoGp. The Honda was by far the best bike on the track,hands down. Then Rossi switches to an acknowledged inferior bike and Hayden still can't capitalize. Now the excuse is that the bike wasn't "made" for Nicky and that's why he can't win. What will the excuse be next season,Bridgestone tires,Stoner gets all the good parts,his Italian isn't very good,etc? I know everyone wants NH to be the champion we've been missing in MotoGp for decades. I just don't see it.
No worries...I have my own least favorite racers. But I am home sick today so I am going to fight with you a little longer...

I have only been watching MotoGP religiously for a little over three years now so I cannot say what happened previously...but the year that NH won and before the engine switch the Honda was "made" for Hayden. Once they switched it has taken him a long time to get it where it is. IMO this is obvious because of how far he has come this season.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:45 PM   #70
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
No worries...I have my own least favorite racers. But I am home sick today so I am going to fight with you a little longer...

I have only been watching MotoGP religiously for a little over three years now so I cannot say what happened previously...but the year that NH won and before the engine switch the Honda was "made" for Hayden. Once they switched it has taken him a long time to get it where it is. IMO this is obvious because of how far he has come this season.
Fair enough..

Ok,
1. the previous bike was "made" for Rossi,or his 1st team mate (can't think of the name right now)

2. Pedrosa did extremely well on the previous bike too.

3. A "true" champion can win on almost any machine. The MotoGp history books are filled with past greats who have overcome much greater "obstacles" than Hayden's so called tribulations.

Rossi did better lap times than Hayden in Assen with most of his shifter missing! Pedrosa won the 250 championship with two broken ankles. Dovisioso finished ahead of Hayden in his 1st time to Laguna Seca. De Puniet has a broken hand and finished just behind Hayden.
With all this,"the bike wasn't made for him talk",I have to remark,these are MotoGp bikes with almost unlimited adjustability,an almost bottomless budget, mechanics on the scene who's only job is to set your tire pressure and wipe the windscreen of the bike. If you can't make it under these conditions with the best equipment in the world..... BTW will someone please tell Nicky that the whining,quavering voice at the end of every race is played out. I've seen interviews of Rossi back when he was 16 and I have never seen him whine like a bitch!